Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Muskegon next week for a Family vacation. I will fish Muskegon Lake for the first time. I have read and heard many good things about the lake and I'm very pumped about the chance to learn the lake. Can anyone tell me the water temp right now? I'm also curious if the spawn has been completed there yet. I just want to get an idea of how I will be fishing while I'm there, whether it's spawn or post spawn. I imagine that the smallmouth's are thru but I know that the largemouth's aren't completely off the beds here. I am also interested in this same info for White lake. I may go there as well. Also, if the weather permits, can anyone tell me any areas in lake Michigan that are close to those lakes that are worth trying. I know lake Michigan is still in the 40's so they may not be real active out there.
Overall I'm interested in any info that a first timer to these lakes would find useful. If you know of areas that have been producing fish and don't mind sharing then I'll be happy to listen. Catch & Release only as always. I will post a report on the lake when I get back.

Thanks in advance, Marcus

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If you are used to the numbers of fish on Lake St.Clair, you may be a bit dissapointed with Muskegon Lake. I've fished there a few times, and the best way I have caught them is with a Pop-R type of bait in the morning, dipping texas rigged worms or hula grubs down into the tall weeds and shaking them as they hit the bottom and skipping docks in Bear Lake which connects to muskegon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts