Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of about trying to get out this weekend and was wondering what type of baits work this time of year on LSC? Also was hoping to get an idea of where to fish, not looking for specific but general places to look for.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
QUOTE(Racerx211 @ Nov 6 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was thinking of about trying to get out this weekend and was wondering what type of baits work this time of year on LSC? Also was hoping to get an idea of where to fish, not looking for specific but general places to look for.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I would go to where lsc meets the detroit river. try jigging and casting big plastics. if your casting specifically stay shallow. Jackie at the 9 mile and Jefferson BP will put you on the right baits. If your heading to Harrison Twp try Jimmy's and if your in the bay, goto Angler's Point. All three places have been great to work with.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Go get a storm kicking minnow from jerry at Anglers point. He has some other good body baits there also. Big soft plastics are the deal right now but I would not be afraid to throw a bucktail or two just for kicks, you just never know. Jerry has some nice bucktails to. As far as where to cast Brunner island, middle channel, 400 apt., Metro, Anchor bay is just a few places. Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Nov 6 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go get a storm kicking minnow from jerry at Anglers point. He has some other good body baits there also. Big soft plastics are the deal right now but I would not be afraid to throw a bucktail or two just for kicks, you just never know. Jerry has some nice bucktails to. As far as where to cast Brunner island, middle channel, 400 apt., Metro, Anchor bay is just a few places. Good luck

Where is Brunner island?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Racerx211 @ Nov 6 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Nov 6 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go get a storm kicking minnow from jerry at Anglers point. He has some other good body baits there also. Big soft plastics are the deal right now but I would not be afraid to throw a bucktail or two just for kicks, you just never know. Jerry has some nice bucktails to. As far as where to cast Brunner island, middle channel, 400 apt., Metro, Anchor bay is just a few places. Good luck

Where is Brunner island?

Thanks for the info.

Brunner Island is named Grass Island on the map. It's on the East side of Anchor Bay by the mouth of the North Channel. Some people call it Grassy but there are already 2 Grassy Islands on the Detroit River.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
John, anything works this time of year. Don't discount bucktails. Plastics are awesome, but my last three fish have been on bucktails. Throw bucktails until they're sliding across the ice.

I'd echo what was said about going south and hitting the DR area. Big girls in there this time of year. North lake, yeah if you want to join the parking lot at Brunner Island, have at it. LOL I think last time I was there I saw five boats. Those fish are pressured hard. As for 400/Metro, this strong S wind may have it mudded up pretty bad. If I was fishing north lake this weekend, I'd fish the main bay and tuck in behind (to the north of) the Clinton River and try to find some clean, relaxed water, or you're going to get pounded and be in muddy water blown up from the South.

When are you in town?

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Note that muddied water can be really good for giant fish on giant baits. Even the largest "trolling" baits can be cast well with the wind. Large, with lots of flash and/or vibration is the ticket when the water's dirty.

QUOTE(esoxfly @ Nov 7 2009, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John, anything works this time of year. Don't discount bucktails. Plastics are awesome, but my last three fish have been on bucktails. Throw bucktails until they're sliding across the ice.

I'd echo what was said about going south and hitting the DR area. Big girls in there this time of year. North lake, yeah if you want to join the parking lot at Brunner Island, have at it. LOL I think last time I was there I saw five boats. Those fish are pressured hard. As for 400/Metro, this strong S wind may have it mudded up pretty bad. If I was fishing north lake this weekend, I'd fish the main bay and tuck in behind (to the north of) the Clinton River and try to find some clean, relaxed water, or you're going to get pounded and be in muddy water blown up from the South.

When are you in town?

·
Sponsor Since 02-09
290 Posts
We have Suckers/decoys now available also pike/chubs and x-large emeralds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Nov 6 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John, anything works this time of year. Don't discount bucktails. Plastics are awesome, but my last three fish have been on bucktails. Throw bucktails until they're sliding across the ice.

When are you in town?

Hey Jeff,

Where is a good place to launch at down at the DR? How would I fish down there? Jig? I bought some bondy baits back in the summer I have not tried using them yet, is there a particular way to fish them? What area should I try fishing down there, I have never been down that way and not sure where I would start?

Thanks for all the help.

P.S. You should come down and do some fly fishing for some Steelhead after you put the boat away.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(Racerx211 @ Nov 7 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Jeff,

Where is a good place to launch at down at the DR? How would I fish down there? Jig? I bought some bondy baits back in the summer I have not tried using them yet, is there a particular way to fish them? What area should I try fishing down there, I have never been down that way and not sure where I would start?

Thanks for all the help.

P.S. You should come down and do some fly fishing for some Steelhead after you put the boat away.

I have no idea where to launch down there, but there's a thead on Bondy Baits and jigging floating around the forum here from the last couple of days. His website also goes into detail on how to fish them. I'd give it shot though. I'd say it's the safest bet for a "clean" lake. It was a mess today.

·
Registered
449 Posts
QUOTE(Racerx211 @ Nov 7 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Nov 6 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John, anything works this time of year. Don't discount bucktails. Plastics are awesome, but my last three fish have been on bucktails. Throw bucktails until they're sliding across the ice.

When are you in town?

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for all the help.

Coming from Cleveland if you want to fish The DR, launch at Wyandotte Municipal Boat ramp. You can then fish Fighting Island or motor up to Peche. You can troll, jig or cast in the river. it all works. PS: The Chagrin is LOADED with steel. But not in the runs..theyre in the deep pools.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(Karmola @ Nov 7 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All 5 caught on my boat this fall were on Believers.

I HAVE 10" & 8" JOINTED AND STRAIGHT BELIEVERS THAT I HAD CUSTOM PAINTED IF YOUR INTERESTED. I CAN SEND PICTURES IF YOU LIKE OR JUST CALL ME AT THE STORE. - JACKIE

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.