Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just started using the forum. So I hope I don't break any rules.

I lost my ride this year for muskie fishing and would like to know if there are any boats out there that are down a crew member? I have been fishing for muskies for over two years, so I'm still a greenhorn a little bit but I learn fast and know the number one rule.

Captain's word is law!

I have been on a boat my whole life and know my way around them, so you don't have to worry about me doing something stupid. I am more than willing to hold my own and pay my way. I became a member of M.O.M.C. club last year and entered into several tournaments the year before. I have not register with M.O.M.C. yet waiting to see if I can get a new ride this year.

If there is anyone out there who would be willing to let me fish with them let me know.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Welcome to the site! No rules broken by asking for a ride and offering to help.

Speaking of boats having crews, I assume you're talking about trolling. I'm a caster and a fly caster at that and I don't know jack about trolling, so I can't be of much help. But I'm sure there's a boat or two that could use a competent hand for the season.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
nice pic in your profile! Looks like you know how to handle a 'ski!

Hope you find a ride. Have a good summer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
First off, hello!

Now lets see, here a woman who likes fish. Oh and not only fish but to musky fish...

This post will go very fast! I am just getting into the musky, we have the walleye down pretty well. If you do not get any good offers, PM me and I am sure you can join us.

Rich

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(MuskieGirl @ Jun 18 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just started using the forum. So I hope I don't break any rules.

I lost my ride this year for muskie fishing and would like to know if there are any boats out there that are down a crew member? I have been fishing for muskies for over two years, so I'm still a greenhorn a little bit but I learn fast and know the number one rule.

Captain's word is law!

I have been on a boat my whole life and know my way around them, so you don't have to worry about me doing something stupid. I am more than willing to hold my own and pay my way. I became a member of M.O.M.C. club last year and entered into several tournaments the year before. I have not register with M.O.M.C. yet waiting to see if I can get a new ride this year.

If there is anyone out there who would be willing to let me fish with them let me know.

Thanks!

wish you would of posted that ealier me n my brother didnt rejoin momc this year due to the hassle of finding a 3 rd so can run 6 rods, we didnt even expect experience just be rdy for long weekend on water, most people if not serious fisherman after a 10-12 hour day dont want to fish sunday wich really screwed us a few times now we just pleasure fish for em. hope you find a ride

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(MuskieGirl @ Jun 18 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just started using the forum. So I hope I don't break any rules.

Captain's word is law!

Thanks!

OK,I'll be the guy to ask what everyone is thinking..... What is the story? My first reaction was that somebody always seems to be looking for a rider and then I thought again. Yeah, that will go over great with the wife.... "see ya' honey going fishing with a girl I met on the internet." LOL Betcha got a few guys on here thinking about divorce right now! LOLOLOL Sorry, not trying to be an a$$hole I just found some humor in it. Hope you find a ride!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the support. I just happen to be a girl who likes to fish. I am not out to steal any man from their wifes. lmaf. For Troller 11 you can still become a member of MOMC. You can do it anytime for any tournament. So if your interested let me know. I am up for the long days that turn into nights and over an entire weekend. Yes, I can handle it. I just hope you have comfortable seats in your boat.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(kayceedee @ Jun 18 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(MuskieGirl @ Jun 18 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just started using the forum. So I hope I don't break any rules.

Captain's word is law!

Thanks!

OK,I'll be the guy to ask what everyone is thinking..... What is the story? My first reaction was that somebody always seems to be looking for a rider and then I thought again. Yeah, that will go over great with the wife.... "see ya' honey going fishing with a girl I met on the internet." LOL Betcha got a few guys on here thinking about divorce right now! LOLOLOL Sorry, not trying to be an a$$hole I just found some humor in it. Hope you find a ride!

Uhm I hope that's not what everyone is thinking!
There are some of us here who just love to fish with friends, period.
I'm not saying you're an a$$hole, far from it, but that is some "backward" thinking, and I'm surprised that you would think that way.
Now, make the new lady here an apology, or I will hunt you down and spank you with an Ugly Stick

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>or I will hunt you down and spank you with MY Ugly Stick

Everytime I say that with a female nearby, I get slapped. How come its ok for you?

When we going fishing Laura? I haven't forgotten about that trip you promised me over the winter.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jun 19 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>or I will hunt you down and spank you with MY Ugly Stick

Everytime I say that with a female nearby, I get slapped. How come its ok for you?

When we going fishing Laura? I haven't forgotten about that trip you promised me over the winter.

I uhm, have a way of getting away with a lot of stuff, how I'm not sure, and one of these days I may get into trouble.
I haven't forgotten about getting you out on the water, or my broken truck either. I finally found the front axle pivot bracket in AZ and it should be here next week. Once the beast is moveable, we'll see what the schedule looks like and get you out there.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jun 19 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>or I will hunt you down and spank you with MY Ugly Stick

Fishon, I saw you on I-94 the other day. I honked at you in the black F-150.

Welcome to the site Muskiegirl!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well I wish I would have known. I have a working truck, boat, and time lol. I should be the one taking you out. As a matter of fact, i'm waiting on a phone call right now to head out and fill my daily 3hr qouta. Im spoiled, but i'd much rather be working.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

Captain's word is law!

Thanks!

MuskyGirl - send a note, to us, requesting you are looking for a ride, etc....to us at [email protected]

I am sure we can put something out there, in the newsletter, or on our site, so our members are aware. I predict, in no time, you will become a member again. Many of our members, are looking for competent, and willing fishing partners, gender no difference. (Heck, u probably have better odds, honestly, just from your login name)

Best Regards
Scott D'Eath - MOMC President

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 19 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fishon, I saw you on I-94 the other day. I honked at you in the black F-150.

When was that? My buddy has an F-150 but I dont recall being on 94 with him recently. I drive a silver Yukon. Was the boat hooked up? Or were you in the F-150? Im so confused lol.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jun 19 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 19 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fishon, I saw you on I-94 the other day. I honked at you in the black F-150.

When was that? My buddy has an F-150 but I dont recall being on 94 with him recently. I drive a silver Yukon. Was the boat hooked up? Or were you in the F-150? Im so confused lol.

Nope it wasn't you. Someone has your board name in address letters on their back window!

Said FISHON on the back of the car.

Whoopps. My bad. LOL

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(kayceedee @ Jun 18 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(MuskieGirl @ Jun 18 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just started using the forum. So I hope I don't break any rules.

Captain's word is law!

Thanks!

Uhm I hope that's not what everyone is thinking!
There are some of us here who just love to fish with friends, period.
I'm not saying you're an a$$hole, far from it, but that is some "backward" thinking, and I'm surprised that you would think that way.
Now, make the new lady here an apology, or I will hunt you down and spank you with an Ugly Stick

Laura, I have to respectfully disagree and I am not saying it is what everyone is thinking but I think there are a few guys out there asking themselves how they would explain this to the wife/girlfriend. This is exactly what just struck me as funny. I don't think it is backwards at all, and like i said... I guess I will be the one to ask what most are thinking. Muskie Girl I apologize if you took any offense, I didn't mean to offend and definately didn't want Laura to lay the Ugly Stick to me, god knows I have already taken a few too many licks from the "Ugly Stick"!

I love this.... "the captains word is law!" So you mean if you came fishing on my boat and I asked you to throw on a Loke Red Bar Perch on a planer rod at 3/30, I wouldn't hear.... "WTF are you talking about? Do it your damn self, can't you see I am trying to get some sun here!"

Like I said, no offense just looking at the humorous side. I find it very cool that you enjoy fishing as much as you do. Once again, I hope you find a ride.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(MuskieGirl @ Jun 19 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, I can handle it. I just hope you have comfortable seats in your boat.

I guess that rules me out. I don't even have seats in my boat. I have a leaning post, and I converted my only pedestal butt seat into a stripping basket for windy days.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
You're fine by me Casey. I was surprised to see that comment from you, though. It gave me a good chance to have a little "Friday Fun" razzing you. The crappy weather has me wound up a little bit anyway, I should be fishing instead of working and playing on the computer.
I think Muskie Girl is OK with it.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
You guys are flirting. Get a room!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts