Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off work to go fishing for my sons 8th birthday. We hit the lake at 11AM and figured we didnt have much time before the rain, but since the muskie like to bite before the bad weather and it being his birthday we went. The fish were hitting early and on the first drift, I had a very nice fish on for a bit, but it spit the bucktail
. It would have been nice if the fish could have posed for a quick birthday pic or 2, must have been camera shy or something. Had another follow from a smaller ski the same drift. Next drift had a good hit and handed the pole to my son, it turned out to be a 25" pike and he posed for a pic. Action slowed and about 2PM caught a little ski. All fish caught on a #6 blue fox gold blade brown double bucktail, 5-7' of water. Think next time i'm going to get out to 8-9' of water and see if the fish run a little bigger. Been seeing alot of 20-30" muskies. Hard to belive, but it ought to be better fishing in the next couple years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Great job, Dad. That`s a b-day he`ll never forget. Great pics.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Great birthday present! ><{{{{{{{{{*>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.