Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been using my Abu garcia Record 60 for several years now and it is starting to get some wear and tear. I will need to get it refurbuished does anyone know a good place that can refurbish these reels?

On to the main reason for this post I am looking to get a second reel for muskie casting and I am starting to look at the Abu Garcia Revo Toro reels. The question is what gear ratio should I go with 5.4:1 or 6.4:1?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is your Record 60 a 6.4:1 ratio?

I think most will tell you get the opposite to what u have in the record....bucktails and very large baits with alot of dragging power u will want a slower retrieve, less stress on your arms...

so i would go with a 5.4:1 if u already have one in the 6.4:1 ratio...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The record 60 is a 5.3:1 only the Record 50 comes in a 6.4:1. I am looking to use the new reel if I get one for most of my casting using the other one as a backup or if friends are on board.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(AlexG @ Jun 16 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I have been using my Abu garcia Record 60 for several years now and it is starting to get some wear and tear. I will need to get it refurbuished does anyone know a good place that can refurbish these reels?

On to the main reason for this post I am looking to get a second reel for muskie casting and I am starting to look at the Abu Garcia Revo Toro reels. The question is what gear ratio should I go with 5.4:1 or 6.4:1?

$17.00 INCLUDES BREAK DOWN, CLEANING, INSPECTION, REGREASE, OIL, PUT BACK TOGETHER. IF PARTS ARE NEEDED THEY ARE IN ADDITION TO THE $17.00 WITH A 5 - 7 DAY TURN AROUND.
-JACKIE BP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts