Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lot's of small fish. The big girls are having a hard time commiting. They are there just acting weird and shy. You gotta "gut it out" and hit em just right. Seems like there ARE small windows going on and I mean (SMALL) but I have a feeling that the tankers are feeding at night the past few days. The sun was so hot yesterday that we saw one sun burned so bad that the muskies back was all red and fried lol. Thought for shure it was going to happen yesterday with the new moon but weather trumps ALL. So when they go there going to GO so be out there!!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I'm taking off work Wed/Thur/Fri to fish with Dad, so hopefully we'll be out when the fat girls get hungry again...

What have you been throwing Brian? Jerks? North Bay/8'? Just want to put Dad in the right spot tomorrow...

You gonna be out (that's a dumb question!) the next few days? I still gotta see your boat, so if you see me c'mon over.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday I used everything in the box Jeff. Although I have 3 rods rigged with....A bucktail, plastic(tube or live action joe) and top water. Bucktails seem to be getting most attention though. Shiny stuff working better over natural looking stuff for some reason.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i took one 10 30 last night watched fireworks then was pulling lines fat 39 incher i was going to post it today. fish came off black bucktail

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i took one 10 30 last night watched fireworks then was pulling lines fat 39 incher i was going to post it today. fish came off black bucktail

What have you been having most of your luck on?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i took one 10 30 last night watched fireworks then was pulling lines fat 39 incher i was going to post it today. fish came off black bucktail

changes daily some days silver/nickel other gold blades last few days body baits turned on. ive been giving baits like a hour to do something if theyre not hitting theyre not in the water. white belly been doing better then yellow in body baits and gold blade has done better then silver overall. at least for me but its been a variety, but ive had anywhere from 6-14 baits in the water depending on crew n if too weedy for sliders

·
Registered
377 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i took one 10 30 last night watched fireworks then was pulling lines fat 39 incher i was going to post it today. fish came off black bucktail

changes daily some days silver/nickel other gold blades last few days body baits turned on. ive been giving baits like a hour to do something if theyre not hitting theyre not in the water. white belly been doing better then yellow in body baits and gold blade has done better then silver overall. at least for me but its been a variety, but ive had anywhere from 6-14 baits in the water depending on crew n if too weedy for sliders

was out this morning at like 515 had 4 follows and a small 24 incher on a black bucktail once the sun came up no more follows no more nuthin, missed about a 45 on a figure 8 so he had to be way active.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jun 23 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thought for sure I was gonna read you got a 60"er. Maybe next time.

nope..
If I don't catch another monster this yr I'll be completely happy with this 53''
Would love to take you out Walleye Mike and show you what likes to eat what you catch

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Fisherman

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im about to watch the next bite pymatuning reservoir Muskies.. maybe ill learn something

Got that on the DVR to watch later tonight myself.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
At least you're catching them. I've had nothing but follows, short strikes, 1 big fish lost, & 3 fish in the upper 40 to low 50 ranged going on the figure 8 but no takers thanks to the damn blades on my bucktails stopping in the middle of an 8.

The official score is musky 7, Mike 0 (7 trips since the opener), though I really can't count today as a loss because ALL the musky spots that me & Sirfishalot hit today were muddy.
I think I'm going to stop targeting them until the fall. No sense in getting frustrated at musky when I have enough chit to deal with at work with pay cuts etc.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Its been the same here my last trip out we had a lot of follows from 30-45in fish but no takers. We landed 1 smaller ski. I did have one try to take a top water but missed I was bummed but was nice to see some top water muskie action.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At least you're catching them. I've had nothing but follows, short strikes, 1 big fish lost, & 3 fish in the upper 40 to low 50 ranged going on the figure 8 but no takers thanks to the damn blades on my bucktails stopping in the middle of an 8.

The official score is musky 7, Mike 0 (7 trips since the opener), though I really can't count today as a loss because ALL the musky spots that me & Sirfishalot hit today were muddy.
I think I'm going to stop targeting them until the fall. No sense in getting frustrated at musky when I have enough chit to deal with at work with pay cuts etc.

Thats how it goes sometimes. I leave the lake frustrated sometimes but its all worth the wait when you get one in the net.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I'm bound and damned determined to not have another slow year. Last year I was learning the lake and getting the hang of things; I can blame it on that. This year, it's on me. I need a danged fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts