Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Anchor Bay with BassTek today for some more Muskie casting. Tek had the first fish on around 10am in about 7fow on a topwater lure. It turns out to be a nice 40" not bad right? well after we get the fish unhooked Tek make 2 more casts and WHAM! A HUGE 50+" fish smacks his topwater AGAIN!! NO JOKE! lol Well ofcourse this one gets away, as all the big ones always do. But wow, what a nice fish that one was. Throughout the day we boated 3 smaller fish and had 9-10 follows!!

All fish were caught on different lures. From topwater,jerk,crank,spinner..., White was the color for the day besides 2 of the folows in the evening on perch colored bucktails . All fish were caught in 6-8fow,Not sure about surface temp, I forgot to look. Light wind and overcast. Great day to be on the water, and was rewarded with some great action.

This season has been good to us so far. We have picked up multiple 40" fish (no 50"'s YET, almost got her today) and ALOT of smaller 20 to mid 30" fish.

We where thinking of staying out late tonight but Spinnner wouldnt give us any pizza out there and kept trying to catch MY fish!! so we had to cut it short...
lol

Here's a Pic of the first one of the day. Nice fish Tek,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hey Rick, I couldn't wait to try out that new firetiger water chopper you bought me from Anglers point today. So after dinner Noah and I headed back out for a little more Musky action. On the third cast with the new chopper I had a Muskie explode on it but he missed. After that the waves started to build so I switched over to a bucktail and nailed a nice pike and another Muskie around 34". What a great day on the water, thanks Bud. And thanks for the new lure. TEK

Oh almost forgot about Noah. He caught a banana peel lol.

Water Vertebrate Casting (fishing) Lake Shorts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Jul 8 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hit Anchor Bay with BassTek today for some more Muskie casting. Tek had the first fish on around 10am in about 7fow on a topwater lure. It turns out to be a nice 40" not bad right? well after we get the fish unhooked Tek make 2 more casts and WHAM! A HUGE 50+" fish smacks his topwater AGAIN!! NO JOKE! lol Well ofcourse this one gets away, as all the big ones always do. But wow, what a nice fish that one was. Throughout the day we boated 3 smaller fish and had 9-10 follows!!

All fish were caught on different lures. From topwater,jerk,crank,spinner..., White was the color for the day besides 2 of the folows in the evening on perch colored bucktails . All fish were caught in 6-8fow,Not sure about surface temp, I forgot to look. Light wind and overcast. Great day to be on the water, and was rewarded with some great action.

This season has been good to us so far. We have picked up multiple 40" fish (no 50"'s YET, almost got her today) and ALOT of smaller 20 to mid 30" fish.

We where thinking of staying out late tonight but Spinnner wouldnt give us any pizza out there and kept trying to catch MY fish!! so we had to cut it short...
lol

Here's a Pic of the first one of the day. Nice fish Tek,

HAHAHA I can remember you making fun of those choppers your first time muskie casting last yr with me. Now look at ya lol.......nice job
you gotta be real carfull with the 50's on choppers sometimes they hit it weird

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good going! Thought someone would do well yesterday. Must have been a riot to get big toothy critters hitting on top! ><{{{{{{{{*>

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great fishin fellas!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good job guys!! Gotta love top water action

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
good catch guys...glad to know you guys are bringin them in. nice work