Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events
We fished around the area for a while and saw 2 more BIG fish. One nearly put her lips on the trolling motor then dove down. The other just stayed high in the water column and swam away. We were going to wait for those fish to go but I got a call and had to leave to go sign a contract for my tour. I am done until my tour ends in september as I have way too much stuff to do preparing. GOOD LUCK in the summer you guy's (even you TEK just think you should post more even if you don't have a good day lol) and be SURE to check out all the new musky gear that Anglers Point has in!!!!!! Hope to see you guy's and gals at DTE August 15th.......RAWK

Water Sky Vertebrate Fin Fisherman

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events
We fished around the area for a while and saw 2 more BIG fish. One nearly put her lips on the trolling motor then dove down. The other just stayed high in the water column and swam away. We were going to wait for those fish to go but I got a call and had to leave to go sign a contract for my tour. I am done until my tour ends in september as I have way too much stuff to do preparing. GOOD LUCK in the summer you guy's (even you TEK just think you should post more even if you don't have a good day lol) and be SURE to check out all the new musky gear that Anglers Point has in!!!!!! Hope to see you guy's and gals at DTE August 15th.......RAWK

View attachment 63664

Awesome. Was skunked on my first musky trip last weekend. First time fishing musky ever. Always have them bite me off while bass fishing though.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events

View attachment 63664

Awesome. Was skunked on my first musky trip last weekend. First time fishing musky ever. Always have them bite me off while bass fishing though.

put some darn flouro on there when your bass fishing bro!

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events

View attachment 63664

thats all we have on our spinning rods. I think its just a mix of the zebra muscles kinking my line, and a toothy critter finishing it off.... or maybe its just the toothy critter by itself.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events

View attachment 63664

thats all we have on our spinning rods. I think its just a mix of the zebra muscles kinking my line, and a toothy critter finishing it off.... or maybe its just the toothy critter by itself.

no I mean like 120# lol........get bass all the time

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassassassinJR @ Jul 9 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events

View attachment 63664

no I mean like 120# lol........get bass all the time

ahhhh hahaha Ill have to look into it.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice looking fish.

Good luck on the tour. If I can find some extra cash I'll be at DTE on the 15th.

I wish my boat could handle the main lake but I'm stuck with the bay & had a lot of small ski's (ALL under 30") today & seen 1 big one. I think I'm going to put musky on the back burner until fall.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good job on the Musky Brian. Rick and I checked out Anglers point yesterday. It is a very nice store with high quality lures. Be safe on tour. Congrats and good luck.

TEK

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Have a good tour man. Don't know if I can make the 15th show, as I'll be in Muskegon on CG business, but if that falls through or gets cancelled, I'll be there.

I've been meaning to check out the store. It's right outside the gate, and I go by there every day. I need to stop in.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I am feeling someone thinks work is more important than fishing... Good luck out there Schram! Don't forget us little guys back in the real world as all your dreams start coming true...

·
Vendor
539 Posts
Schram who are you kidding LOL. I am sure you have good intensions but you will talk yourself back into a few days musky fishing lol. You cant control IT!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good Luck on the tour Brian. Nice fish and quick thinking on throwing the tube. Im sure we"ll see around bud.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I wen't out with Logan today around 2pm. We go bouncing around the main lake trying to find some new weed beds or structure change. I throw on my top water in 14 fow and see one coming behind it about 5 ft. I speed up and so does the muskie. Go into a figure O and he stops and turns off. I immediately grab my tube rod and pitch it out right in front of him. hop-hop- hop -hop-hop- WHAM! Certainly not the biggest muskie but deffinately one of the coolest events

View attachment 63664
Nice job Brian! Good luck on the tour.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good job Schram!! THats pretty cool u got it to bite twice. Good luck on tour!!

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Wow the Real Big Time, enjoy the experience, and the fun, you are gonna have fun on tour aren't you?

I'll keep an eye on the ski's for you while you're gone, probably won't touch one, but I'll eatch 'em for you.

Pop in and post some pics if you get a chance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Shramm, never met you but I like what you throw out there for all of us to enjoy, love reading your report's, good luck on tour and enjoy because life goe's by real fast!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI

PalaceNet is having 2 day sale on 80 % of their shows (Monday and Tuesday, July 13 and 14) including the Crue Fest 2 @ DTE. Lawn seats discounted to $25 and Pavillion $58.

BTW: Brian, I work with Jeff Trombly (I think..lol too many designers to remember)

TIP: Find some nice local lakes in Clarkston and fish before the show.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts