Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not even a whole day went by on my first day home from the tour and my pal Logan knew exactly what was going through my head lol. As I opened my garage door it was like slow motion waiting to catch a glimpse of all my muskie gear just sitting their all alone and waiting to be used once again. I ran to my rods and baggs and we both smiled at each other jumping up and down in a rage of excitement
I was going to dance with my friends again and I was happy

So I met logan around 9am and we head out a ways into 10 ft and weeds. Logan gets bit off immediately and not a good way to start off the day. It was a very clean cut above his leader and I HAVE seen this before but not often. About 30 min go by and Logan is hooked up. He fights a nice 40+ fish to the boat and I net the muskie. Real nice back on this one for the length. I hadn't gotten even a strike yet so I remember a bait that was my "money" bait last yr at this time until I dropped it over the side of the boat lol. Well I ordered another one and after a little modification my "money" bait was back. It didn't take long and as I'm talking to Chase Parsons on the phone about his wedding WHAM! Half a$$ hook set cuz I had the phone up to me ear and prob gonna lose this one. Well she came all the way in and decided to go nutz jumping boatside and shook the bait. A nice 40's fish gone but I wasn't that angry as that was enough to get me going lol. So I then shut my phone off and not long after Logan hooks up again on a 40 incher. Then I hook up on a small 36 incher. Then Logan does his dirty work again on the same. Then nothing for about an hr. So in the middle of my cast I say ..."Ok let's dance mr muskie"....about 5 cranks and WHAM!! Hahaha...guess you just have to talk to them. He crushed it hard and this time I got a good hook set. This fish for only a 40's inch fish faught like crazy. Jumped 2 times and made three runs from the boat
We got nervous but good ole Logan didn't let me down and I had my first muskie in 2 months
We fished till dark and called it. I was more than fixed and ready for a nice home cooked meal. We ended up with 5 Esox and lost 2. Also caught a really nice Pike on a firetiger ernie in deeper water. Thanx for the fix Logan and nice job

Sky Water Sleeve Cloud Fisherman

Water Sky Vertebrate Fin Fisherman

Attachments

· Registered
6,440 Posts
Welcome back Brian. Glad to hear you had a good time out there and nice story.

· Registered
22 Posts
Well done! I was in the camo Lund Alaskan next to you guys when you caught the ski in the picture . I started casting for muskie last year and have yet to catch one but it was heartining to witness that it can be done!

· Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Doug_MI @ Sep 9 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well done! I was in the camo Lund Alaskan next to you guys when you caught the ski in the picture . I started casting for muskie last year and have yet to catch one but it was heartining to witness that it can be done!

oh yeah! You didn't hook up eh? We saw you over there chuckin away. Do that same thing in the same place from now until nov and I will guarentee you will get your chance bro

· Registered
3 Posts
Welcome back Schram. I'm the guy that was with Derek at Wild Wings for the fight. Finally logged on and intend to share some muskie info. Went out today and caught a nice 48 incher on a Mepps Marabou. Muskie Bob was out their and kindly came over and took a photo for me because I was out there by myself. First time I've met him but what a class act. He said that he will get the picture posted. In all had three follows one missed and the 48 incher

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Good to have you back in town, i love seein them pictures. I found out a couple weeks ago that one of the neighborhood kids i take fishing goes to school with your drummer. Thats some crazy sh!t, great to see there are still some youths who can rock it out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.