Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the last few days have been a ton of fun and I had to show this giant caught today with Sirfishalot. Not so much the length at only 51'' but this WAS the most MASSIVE looking 51 I have ever seen. The head and shoulders on this thing were insane all the way back to the tail. WIIIIDE fish and a decent belly as well. I saw everything on the strike. When I set the hook the massive headshakes began and then something really WEIRD happened
This fish decides to take a swim all the way around the boat and all I could do was hold on. When she got full 360 around the boat and Tim tried to net her all HELL broke lose!! This fish went nutz ripping out drag. Got her back to the boat and on the second try she ripps more going to the other side of the boat. Then she makes a run for the trolling motor nearly breaking my rod on the side of the boat. I'm losing the battle at this point and thinking I'm done for in just a few seconds more. So I get her back and she ripps MORE drag going for the weeds directly under the boat. I can't beleive she's still on. I get her up from under the boat and my trusty net man get's her in. Looking down in the net and seeing how wide her head and back was I was truely baffled. I thought she was about 48 until I picked her up and saw the rest. THE MOST fun I think I have ever had battling a muskie to the boat. Good job Tim and your turn is next bro
Fish was caught in 6 ft of water on a modified black bucktail......

Fish Seafood Fish products Ray-finned fish Food

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Rock fishing Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Fisherman Angling

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Nice litltle fish Kid.. Gramps

Now this is big

Attachments

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
"Not so much the length at only 51'' . Only 51". LOL. What a leviathon. Good going, Brian.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Sweet!

How were the floating weeds out there? The wind coming this weekend is going to make the weeds even worse.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Sep 22 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought I saw you guys over by Huron Point today.. Good to see your posting after all.. NICE FISH!!!!

Thanx Spinnerbait! Haven't posting but had to show this guy cuz I was so impressed by her mass. Yup we were at Huron for about an hr or so.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts