Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished with muskie mmani saturday morning. Awsome time, 8 for 11 with 2 fish in the 40's one in the high 30's only one leagal. water was great captin was great can't complain one bit about the trip. Everyone on here was right about what they said about captian mike, again this was an awsome trip, dream come true can't wait to do it again.

Hope the pics show up but prolly won't first time i tryed to add pics to a post

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice looking fish! Saturday was a beautiful day to be on the water. Were you using bucktails or body baits? Where about were you fishing?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(beatsworkin @ Jun 29 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice looking fish! Saturday was a beautiful day to be on the water. Were you using bucktails or body baits? Where about were you fishing?

trolling buck tails AND body baits. on the canadian side. couldn't tell you were... all i know was it was cnada bout 12 feet o water

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great pictures guys. Way to slam them. Glad Mike got you guys on the fish

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
you were down by the rabbit ears and dumps he was fishing there sunday heard him on radio said was real good there saturday morning. there was only 3 boats in the area me, mr musky too, musky mania.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(Katerina @ Jun 29 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how long time musky and pike can be out of water before u release?i caught pike 4 days ago(hook was deep inside:(((( and it died before i released:(((((((((((((

that depends on alot of factors/ but the warmer the weather/water the shorter the time fish should be out of the water. in high temps a fish can die in under a minute easy if was exhausted during the fight

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 29 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you were down by the rabbit ears and dumps he was fishing there sunday heard him on radio said was real good there saturday morning. there was only 3 boats in the area me, mr musky too, musky mania.

that sounds familiar but man that stuff was fun i would like to get more involved how did yall over there sunday?

·
Registered
259 Posts
QUOTE(Katerina @ Jun 29 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how long time musky and pike can be out of water before u release?i caught pike 4 days ago(hook was deep inside:(((( and it died before i released:(((((((((((((

Here's an example of netting, unhooking and releasing a muskie. It also shows how long a fish should be out of the water for measuring (if needed) and a photo if you have everything ready. During the whole process this fish is out of the water for about 8 seconds for a photo and measurement.

This applies to most boats under 24' and/or with sides lower than about 30". On a larger boat with high sides a revival tank would be the best option to keep the fish underwater during the process. Sorry for the low quality video, this is a rough cut.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts

Something else to remember is that it's OK to cut the hook off inside the fish's mouth instead of keeping them out of the water so long. Release them with the hook in their mouth, and it will disolve or rust out in short time and the fish will very often survive.

It's a good idea to carry some heavy cutters in your boat to cut the hooks and not harm the fish.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Excellent report and and awesome pics JK and you even stacked em , top notch post all the way around.

I can't remember the last time I had a fish hooked so deep that getting the hook out was a problem, other than panfish with little hooks, I can't even remember anyone I was fishing with have it happen, but we usually have the rod in hand and are usually drifting or trolling so maybe you feel it quicker and the motion makes the hook up quicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts