Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a fishing trip tomorrow and was wondering what the chances of hooking into a muskie would be. Docking around the 9 mile peer, and it will be my first time out muskie fishing. What are the best lures or presentation to use and where abouts are the muskie most likely to be active with this rainy cold front we have coming our way this weekend?

Any help would be appreciated...as you can tell we really want to hook into something going out on a weekend like this...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Aug 28 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you casting or trolling ? Canadian or US side of the lake ?

We will be fishing on the US side. We dont have any downriggers and most likely going to be casting....if there is a strong enough wind we might be able to hit trolling speeds...or we could use our motor...

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Have you muskie fished before? If so, you'll know that with weather like this you need to throw the tackle box at them. I always start with blades because that's my confidence baits. But with weather like this, you'll probably need to switch to the plastics. But then the muskie will mess with you, and only want topwater. A weekend like this is all about patience. And (gasp) trolling is probably your best option. I'm not a troller, but you're going to need to cover water and put alot of baits out in front of them and trolling is the way to do that.

Welcome to the site.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.