Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Went out trying to get a new muskie angler his first Muskie he ended up getting 2 40 inchers. Still in anchor bay 8ft of water slow moving plastic and the other follows on a lipless and black bucktail. Talk about beginners luck.

Water Sky Cloud Smile Vertebrate
Water Sky Cloud Shorts Vertebrate

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good job.. what kind of slow moving plastics

Tiger tube, had a few follows on the eel

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 20 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice job i only got 1 legal today and 3 smalls fish

yea there seems to be alot of small fish this year, i seen some big ones a few weeks ago prolly all deeper now. How deep were you fishing?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 20 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 20 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice job i only got 1 legal today and 3 smalls fish

yea there seems to be alot of small fish this year, i seen some big ones a few weeks ago prolly all deeper now. How deep were you fishing?

same as you were my boat is my avatar you probnably seen me circling the area

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 20 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good job.. what kind of slow moving plastics

Duh you knew that Spinner lol

Thanks man.....did you go out today?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 20 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 20 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><br />good job.. what kind of slow moving plastics<br /><br /><br /><br />

Naw man I'm in Cleveland playing a show. Glad to see you got a couple casting bro
be out prob mon or so

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 20 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 20 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 20 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><br />good job.. what kind of slow moving plastics<br /><br /><br /><br />

Naw man I'm in Cleveland playing a show. Glad to see you got a couple casting bro
be out prob mon or so

Living the dream man thats so mint........but hey when is your next show in the metro detroit area? But yea dude its me and my buddies first year casting for muskie and im hooked and will be for ALONG time, ive pretty much stopped smallie fishing all together. But hey aslong as im on the lake im happy.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good going! Always great to see a beginner get into their first toothy critters.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 21 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 20 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 20 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><br />QUOTE(schram @ Jun 20 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>&lt;br /&gt;good job.. what kind of slow moving plastics&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Duh you knew that Spinner lol<br /><br /><br /><br />Thanks man.....did you go out today?<br /><br /><br /><br />

be out prob mon or so

Living the dream man thats so mint........but hey when is your next show in the metro detroit area? But yea dude its me and my buddies first year casting for muskie and im hooked and will be for ALONG time, ive pretty much stopped smallie fishing all together. But hey aslong as im on the lake im happy.

I think my next close show is Harley fest in Hell MI??

Yeah man that's what its all about...being on the water..well and catching muskie too lol. Didn't take you long to get into one so good deal. It will get a little more tough going into summer but hey it makes for a great challenge. Some days will have you scratching your head and in a funk but knowing that the next cast could be your fish of a lifetime keeps you casting. They say muskie is the fish of a thousand casts. Well for hard cores that's about right. We did the math this recent next bite filming and averaged 100 casts per hour throwing bucktails and fast moving baits. In a 10 hour day that's 1000 casts. If you can average a fish or 2 a day then your doing good. So keep your eye on the prize bro next for you is a 4 footer

·
Registered
92 Posts
i dont know why he would say we caught those on tiger tubes. we caught those fish on bass tackle, 4 inch tubes. read this post and you'll hear the whole story........the kid on the right caught the fish

the other day, i was out in front of selfridge with my buddy shane and mike, i hook my friend shane up with one of my spinning rods with a tube and 8 pound test so he can go for some smallies and have some fun cause hes fairly new to the sport and he ends up catching the fish of 10,000 casts with in about 10 minites of the trip, he sets the hook yells out fish on and i look at the rod and its just bent over like crazy, i thought it was a huge smallmouth untill i heard the drag scream for about 10 seconds straigt, i quickly loosened his drag and the fight was on, the muskie got near the boat and he was like a kid in a candy store then it went for a second run, jumping out of the water i thought for sure this fish was a long gone. not five minites later its in the boat it ends up being like a 41 inch muskie, about 20lbs. because of the bass tackle this fish was nearly dead when it got to the boat because of the long fight. we unhooked it took a snap shot and released it succsessfully, took quite a while though, then he goes on to catch another 40 incher and then a 5lb smallmouth, all while im fishing next to him giving it my all with an ambasseduer reel and 65lb braid with an 80lb mono leader and cant get one. had 2 follows from 40 inchers but couldn't get them to bite. never gave up though. i was glad to see him catch some nice fish, ill get the pictures later

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(IBrkUglyStiks @ Jun 21 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i dont know why he would say we caught those on tiger tubes. we caught those fish on bass tackle, 4 inch tubes. read this post and you'll hear the whole story........the kid on the right caught the fish

the other day, i was out in front of selfridge with my buddy shane and mike, i hook my friend shane up with one of my spinning rods with a tube and 8 pound test so he can go for some smallies and have some fun cause hes fairly new to the sport and he ends up catching the fish of 10,000 casts with in about 10 minites of the trip, he sets the hook yells out fish on and i look at the rod and its just bent over like crazy, i thought it was a huge smallmouth untill i heard the drag scream for about 10 seconds straigt, i quickly loosened his drag and the fight was on, the muskie got near the boat and he was like a kid in a candy store then it went for a second run, jumping out of the water i thought for sure this fish was a long gone. not five minites later its in the boat it ends up being like a 41 inch muskie, about 20lbs. because of the bass tackle this fish was nearly dead when it got to the boat because of the long fight. we unhooked it took a snap shot and released it succsessfully, took quite a while though, then he goes on to catch another 40 incher and then a 5lb smallmouth, all while im fishing next to him giving it my all with an ambasseduer reel and 65lb braid with an 80lb mono leader and cant get one. had 2 follows from 40 inchers but couldn't get them to bite. never gave up though. i was glad to see him catch some nice fish, ill get the pictures later

Oh shawn I had the follows you had nuthin bahahaha bass or muskie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts