Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I never knew that they had them there. A fellow joined my site and posted one on Other Peoples Muskie on my forum site. Nice looking fish take a look at it. You don't have to join to see the photo's on my site. Thanks all. Bob

By the way Tony's fish was a great looking specimen of a Great Lakes Muskie. Tony is a nice Guy and I sure am glad for him.

Don't forget that you never catch the biggest fish in the lake. After saying that just dream on about the size of some of our fish. As one person pointed out the Zebra Mussel really helped by making it so much easier for the fish to lay in wait instead of swimming day and night for food. Plus we also have another food source in the system with the return of Whitefish in the rivers from what I have read. So Wait for the first fifty and then beyond. Good Fishing All. Bob

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Nov 5 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I never knew that they had them there. A fellow joined my site and posted one on Other Peoples Muskie on my forum site. Nice looking fish take a look at it. You don't have to join to see the photo's on my site. Thanks all. Bob

By the way Tony's fish was a great looking specimen of a Great Lakes Muskie. Tony is a nice Guy and I sure am glad for him.

Don't forget that you never catch the biggest fish in the lake. After saying that just dream on about the size of some of our fish. As one person pointed out the Zebra Mussel really helped by making it so much easier for the fish to lay in wait instead of swimming day and night for food. Plus we also have another food source in the system with the return of Whitefish in the rivers from what I have read. So Wait for the first fifty and then beyond. Good Fishing All. Bob

Love your way of thinking Bob. Thats 100% right on!!
Going to take peek at your site now.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Commen sense tells me that no one will ever take the biggest. No matter how good you are at something there is usually someone somewhere better. So there will always be a bigger fish out there. Lol

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Peks it is more than likely somewhere in Geogian Bay.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I believe that area can/will also hold some larger, record size fish, but since no one actually catches these huuge fish...maybe they aren't there, maybe they go to deeper water once they get a certain age/size...if one has the genes to locate to Superior....I think it would be a good choice...Superior has everything a Musky could ask for, and then some...

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Nov 6 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No Peks it is more than likely somewhere in Geogian Bay.

I say Georgian Bay, St. Lawrence, or even in our system. The SCR, LSC and DR are all prime muskie spots, conducive to big fish in good numbers.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have caught some hugh Pike in Brimley Bay the South end of Whitefish Bay so beyond a doubt there are hugh Muskie there also. My choice for fishing for them would still be Geogian Bay or as Esox said the St Lawrence River system. In five years watch for some hugh fish from our Lake system. It seems we have a different gene pool all of a sudden LOL. The fish are getting thicker every year as well as longer. Good Fishing. Will see you Sunday at the motor pool (Brunner Island).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.