Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks Alex.

I've had two muskie in my boat so far this season and they have both looked great. No sign of open soars or leasions.

I've seen a pike covered with lampreys and another pike that looked like it was attacked by a muskie.

Other than that all fish have been pretty healthy.

Marke

G

·
No muskie comment but along those lines what are the little leach type parasites on the LM and SM? I usually see them on their mouths or gills?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I've caught 5 muskies so far. 3 were babies that looked great. 1 over 40" had mostly smaller sores on one side. Bish caught a muskie over 40" that had larger sores on it's back. I got bit off by a muskie while he fought this one about the same size that looked clean.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have caught about 20 muskies so far this season, all fish were healthy, but the 2 biggest fish 43.5 in & 46.5 in
both had sores.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My wife and I each lost one at the boat this morning. Didn't get a good enough look at them though.

Mine was 40+ inches. I couldn't see any sores but it didn't fight the way I expected for a Musky of that size. It did manage to cut me off with his teeth. I hope he does ok with my spinner bait in his mouth. I hate the thought of permanently damaging such an awesome fish.

My wife's fish was much smaller and through her bait at the boat. So it definitely live to fight another day.

I think I have to quit this Bass thing and start to target Muskie's with the appropriate gear. My last two outings have produced nice Muskie on accident. No telling what I'd catch if I tried.

Marke

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
:
Marke beyond a doubt you would finally start to catch Bass.
Camp Neeley is coming

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had 5 so far this year. Caught a 45" on 6/30 that had several sores. A 46" on 7/5 that was pretty clean, but one sore on top. The smaller fish (36"-41") were clean and healthy although several fish had lampreys. Spotted a mid-40's fish in a weedbed today (7/6) with at least 3 lampreys attached.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts