Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dialing in my muskie skills over the last year. But lately been having some trouble landing more than 1 or 2 per trip. Alot of little ones too.

I plan on going out tomorrow, the looner table looks good but I know this weather could screw some stuff up. I cant get over to the Canadian side, so I was wondering if anyone has had any recent luck on the US side???

I have got my best luck in 15fow from 9 mile to 15 mile. I was considering going over and trolling between the the middle and south channel. Has anyone spent any time over there lately??

I much appreciate any tips...............and let em so they can grow!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll be out there too and I would appreciate it if anyone could fill me in on how bad the floating weeds are. Anchor Bay has been full of them the past 2 Saturdays so we've gone over to the Canadian side. But this week I'm bringing someone without a Canuck license, so we have to stay on the American side as well.

I'm in the same boat (figuratively not literally
) Millerz, we've only been able to get 1 or 2 a trip all season long so far.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its been three weeks since I caught a muskie in that area in front of nine mile west of the channel, and I have put in many hours there, (my boat is docked just noth of nine mile) the floating weeds are bad, and so is the traffic!, I have caught a few in american water just east of the channel- north of the dumping grounds.
I will be running to the south shore in the morning, there were no weeds there last weekend and I did a lot better

good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Muskie Junkie, just knowing im not the only one having trouble helps.

Got out for about 4 hours on Saturday, tried a quick lap from 15 to 10 mile, then shot out to south channel. Water temp was 3 degree's warmer, and I wasnt the only one trolling for muskies!!!

I didnt have any luck, my second skunk of the year, but was wondering how some people did this weekend??

·
Registered
111 Posts
went out yesterday ( Saturday ) Woke up late, (Dam) got on the water about 7 30 trolled the dumpping grounds all morning picked up a nice high 40's low 50's Muskie not sure on the length lost him just as the net slipped under him, was setting the line out just getting ready to clip to the big board line and bam,,,, the line cut me like butter no joke i think i could have used a stitch or 4 weed are a problem now.........got to head over to escape them.......... good luck to all

·
Registered
71 Posts
We were also out on Saturday and picked up a 37" ski just SW of the St. Clair Light. That was it for 4 hours of trolling. The weeds weren't too bad along the shipping channel, although there were a couple of spots that seemed to have more than others. Anchor Bay was also a little bit better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts