Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys we need to start separating people.

here is what I need......

1. Student or Teacher?
a. troller or caster

2. How many your boat will fish and size?
b. trolling boat or casting boat

EXAMPLE........

Brian Schram = Teacher = casting
21 ft Mako = 3 anglers total

Steve blower = student = troller
no boat

Just want to see where we are right now peeps.............THANX

MUSKIE TRAINING DAY SIGN UP

·
Registered
520 Posts
Tim H.-Student-Casting. I wish I had a boat to offer, but nothing yet. Since I am looking for a boat, should I buy one before this happens I will let you know that it is available.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Aug 4 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is there a date yet because sept 10th is my 20th anniversary so that day is out for me...

and oct 1st and after im out also (deer season) <-----------<<

No date yet but has to be after sept 6. We should prob pick a date lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would love to learn how to troll or cast for muskie. I have never done it before. What if you have no Muskie tackle? If this is fine my info would be Jeffrey nell/student No boat so i would take whatever is available casting or trolling

·
Registered
357 Posts
Schram,

Great idea but I have a few questions:

I Have an 18' Princecraft that isn't set up for trolling and I have absolutely zero Muskie gear but I would like to be a student / novice paired with an experienced trolling angler (or casting angler for that matter).

Questions:

1. Are students / novices expected to bring rods, lures, etc... if they are on an experienced anglers boat?
2. Is it a requirement to have a Canadian license if you are a guest on someone elses boat?
3. Is there a minimum amount a non boater must contribute for fuel?

I asked questions 2. and 3. because I have witnessed boaters getting stiffed for fuel and hearing non boaters whine because they didn't have a Canadian license.

I've always wanted to try Muskie fishing but was reluctant to spend my money on the wrong gear and lures since they are so expensive and there is such a large selection. For a day of learning how to fish for Muskie I would be willing to pay for most of gas (say $100 to $125) for a larger boat and bring an awesome lunch.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(workingman @ Aug 4 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Schram,

I Have an 18' Princecraft that isn't set up for trolling and I have absolutely zero Muskie gear but I would like to be a student / novice paired with an experienced trolling angler (or casting angler for that matter).

Questions:

1. Are students / novices expected to bring rods, lures, etc... if they are on an experienced anglers boat?
2. Is it a requirement to have a Canadian license if you are a guest on someone elses boat?

I asked questions 2. and 3. because I have witnessed boaters getting stiffed for fuel and hearing non boaters whine because they didn't have a Canadian license.

I've always wanted to try Muskie fishing but was reluctant to spend my money on the wrong gear and lures since they are so expensive and there is such a large selection. For a day of learning how to fish for Muskie I would be willing to pay for most of gas (say $100 to $125) for a larger boat and bring an awesome lunch.

i know its not my thread but as far as trolling goes that gas offer is way more then generous but running a big boat across the lake and back can burn some fuel depending on boat/engine-s. as far as gear if your going on an equipped vessel most likely the capt will want to run the gear he catches fish on. having a canadian license opens up the fishing options as most trollers mainly fish canadian water this time of year. i dont think is necessary for casting as i doubt many will be fishing the other side of the border. hope this helps but a fair donation for gas with 3 riders for a rigged trolling boat i would say 40 dollars a man wich is cheap IMO for that kind of oppurtunity. 40 bucks only buys 1 or 2 quality baits nowadays others may have a different opinion

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Aug 4 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(workingman @ Aug 4 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Schram,

Questions:

i know its not my thread but as far as trolling goes that gas offer is way more then generous but running a big boat across the lake and back can burn some fuel depending on boat/engine-s. as far as gear if your going on an equipped vessel most likely the capt will want to run the gear he catches fish on. having a canadian license opens up the fishing options as most trollers mainly fish canadian water this time of year. i dont think is necessary for casting as i doubt many will be fishing the other side of the border. hope this helps but a fair donation for gas with 3 riders for a rigged trolling boat i would say 40 dollars a man wich is cheap IMO for that kind of oppurtunity. 40 bucks only buys 1 or 2 quality baits nowadays others may have a different opinion

agreed.............not sure if the trollers will be trolling across the border in mid sept?? I'll let the trollers work that out.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Aug 4 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok guys we need to start separating people.

here is what I need......

1. Student or Teacher?
a. troller or caster

2. How many your boat will fish and size?
b. trolling boat or casting boat

EXAMPLE........

Brian Schram = Teacher = casting
21 ft Mako = 3 anglers total

Steve blower = student = troller
no boat

Just want to see where we are right now peeps.............THANX

MUSKIE TRAINING DAY SIGN UP
Hey Brian,

Count me in. I can take one or two, depends if the bride wants in?. You can sing afterwards, and I'll do Brats and Italian sausage for the Mod Appreciation day too. Time to kill a few fish with one cast!

I'll bring my 7500 watt generator to supply the wattage for your band. You can just do a few songs. It's sine wave friendly, won't hurt your electronics.

16' open bow
Casting
Have equipment
Teacher
1 or 2 people
Keep the details rolling.
We can bring the paint ball guns for aggressionnnn reductionnn, and a volleyball net too!

The Canada guys got to come too though! Muskie Bob and Peks best be there!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Justin - student - i have a 22' - will cast or troll - will be me and my roommate with room for a teacher and another student or i would ride along with someone else whatever works

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.