Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you think the best depth would be? Went out Mon. and Wed. got 1 rip Mon.
and thats it. Was in maybe 6 to 8 ft. on the one hit. Any help would be appreciated.
Seemed like all the boats fast trolling today were out in 12 to 15 ft. of h2o and I was
shallower. ?????????

·
Registered
735 Posts
idk much about muskie fishing as i have never did it before, but i saw a ton of muskie in front of the beacon cove marina today. one was chasing a smallie i had on.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(msd1805 @ Jun 10 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What would you think the best depth would be? Went out Mon. and Wed. got 1 rip Mon.
and thats it. Was in maybe 6 to 8 ft. on the one hit. Any help would be appreciated.
Seemed like all the boats fast trolling today were out in 12 to 15 ft. of h2o and I was
shallower. ?????????

rumor is thats where the 30 lbrs were caught for the momc tourney(deep water) the 28 lb we caught on opening day we were trolling in 6 foot of water and bondy just caught that hog in the river so theyre starting to spread out.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
water is awful clear these days - find some stained water and I bet you get a few fish.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Don't stay in deeper water if that doesn't work either. You really need to keep moving deep, shallow, clear, stained, weedy, clean bottom....try everything you can think of untill you find the pattern that works.

·
Registered
112 Posts
going to houghton lake for mid july hot months wana catch some big pikes and some eater eyes looking on the map at the dnr site. theres a couple holes that drop off to about 20 feet. is that the trick to find the eyes in the hott weather up there? also seen a hole that drop down about 5ft deeper anybody have any suggestions on the best areas to try? thinking maybe i can get them big pike on that drop off any ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts