Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planned on heading out this evening wanted to try anchor bay was wondering if the fish are still there or if they moved on also any info would be appreciated fow, lures, colors. thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trolling i have a limited selection of lures couple of crank baits and a good handful of bucktails

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE(stonesfan83 @ Jun 28 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>trolling i have a limited selection of lures couple of crank baits and a good handful of bucktails

I have trolled anchor bay the last couple of weeks and been catching musky each time out. From 24-44in. 10 fow from clinton river to salt river up to the brown water tower and back to the clinton river. All caught on Ziggys and Lokes. I would post pics if I could figure out how.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(shorehugger @ Jun 28 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stonesfan83 @ Jun 28 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>trolling i have a limited selection of lures couple of crank baits and a good handful of bucktails

I have trolled anchor bay the last couple of weeks and been catching musky each time out. From 24-44in. 10 fow from clinton river to salt river up to the brown water tower and back to the clinton river. All caught on Ziggys and Lokes. I would post pics if I could figure out how.

thanks

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(shorehugger @ Jun 28 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stonesfan83 @ Jun 28 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>trolling i have a limited selection of lures couple of crank baits and a good handful of bucktails

What type of problem are you having loading the pics? Are the images to large or you can't get them onto the computer? We can give you a hand loading pics if you tell us the problem.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(stonesfan83 @ Jun 28 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>trolling i have a limited selection of lures couple of crank baits and a good handful of bucktails

That's all you need. The magic speed lately has been 4.0 mph. Got a GPS? Got a Canadian license?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 28 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stonesfan83 @ Jun 28 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>trolling i have a limited selection of lures couple of crank baits and a good handful of bucktails

That's all you need. The magic speed lately has been 4.0 mph. Got a GPS? Got a Canadian license?

gps no canadian liscense though

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Crank her up until the GPS says 4.0. Get into 15-16 fow. Check for weeds on your lures every 15 minutes. Use about 1-2 oz and 20-40 feet of line and no more on body baits - perhaps 2 oz and 60 feet on bucktails. Run one rod in the prop wash off the side of the boat with 10 - 12 oz and 6-8 feet of line. Commit to doing this for a full 8 hr day and you should hook a fish or two or ten. If you hit a fish, circle back and go through that area at least twice. If you are in clear water and come across some stained water (but not muddy) work that stained/clear area for a while.

Report back!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 28 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Crank her up until the GPS says 4.0. Get into 15-16 fow. Check for weeds on your lures every 15 minutes. Use about 1-2 oz and 20-40 feet of line and no more on body baits - perhaps 2 oz and 60 feet on bucktails. Run one rod in the prop wash off the side of the boat with 10 - 12 oz and 6-8 feet of line. Commit to doing this for a full 8 hr day and you should hook a fish or two or ten. If you hit a fish, circle back and go through that area at least twice. If you are in clear water and come across some stained water (but not muddy) work that stained/clear area for a while.

Report back!

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts