Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Went fishing with an old friend Bassturd yesterday in Anchor Bay. We caught 4 musky, the biggest was 43', the rest were small. The 43' musky was following my firetiger bucktail to the boat so I started the first loop in the figure 8 when she rushed forward and slammed it. Very exciting. Bassturd caught his first musky; would of been nice to see him get a bigger one, maybe next time. Hooked into a nice musky around 9PM using a pearl cowgirl. After she through the bucktail she stuck her head out of the water and did another head shake just to make sure. We had a few small follows too. 8-9 foot of stained water. temp 74.

View attachment 63872
View attachment 63873
View attachment 63874

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great job

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job Dale.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great pics and nice fish! I noticed you dont have gloves on...even for the big one. Any tips on how to handle them once you catch them?

thanks and again, great job!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(girlsfishtoo @ Jul 14 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great pics and nice fish! I noticed you dont have gloves on...even for the big one. Any tips on how to handle them once you catch them?

thanks and again, great job!

Very carefully
First remove the hooks, then slide my finger inside and up the gillplate. When Spinnerbait is with me he usually does it. In fact, I do remembering him bleeding all over my boat a couple of times last Sunday.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Great report..........Think Im going to have to leave work early on Thursday and get out there for a couple hours and try out my new rod, reel and 10" perch bucktail.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Nice! Coll for Bassturd to get his 1st 'ski. ><{{{{{{{*>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts