Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me n my bro got out about 8am and fished until about 5. We went 3 for 4 on musky and one largemouth. Casting 9" Grandmas n 10" Jakes all day...my left hand is now crippled from palming the reel and jerking all day View attachment 66284

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3 were caught in 10-13ft of water, and 1 was caught while while casting channel edges of N.Channel so who knows the depth.

FYI..I am the shorter guy with the stupid look on my face like im struggling on the toilet lol.

The fish were 42, 44, and 45in. We used the frabill cradle to land them and remove hooks while in the water.....WHAT A PAIN IN THE AZZ that thing is!

Somehow I always end up with the longest skinniest fish of the trip and my bro gets all the fat ones!

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
older and wiser thats why you troll shag im sure that will get the hive buzzing lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Great photos. Got to admire your perseverance. The results speak for themselves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im sure I dont have to tell you guys but it was not easy mentally or physically casting for those guys all day. I dont know whats worse, the physical exhaustion from casting and working those big lures all day or the mental exhaustion of casting a million times and damn near every cast finding floating weeds on your line. DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON ALL THE RICHARD NOGGENS in there 30-40ft pleasure boats creating 4-5ft wakes all damn day 30yds from my boat turning a day of fishing into a friggin 8hr test of balance, coordination & patience. If boats came with bazookas or cannons i would currently be sitting in a jail cell

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(Chadster @ Sep 5 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(axl @ Sep 5 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im sure I dont have to tell you guys but it was not easy mentally or physically casting for those guys all day. I dont know whats worse, the physical exhaustion from casting and working those big lures all day or the mental exhaustion of casting a million times and damn near every cast finding floating weeds on your line. DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON ALL THE RICHARD NOGGENS in there 30-40ft pleasure boats creating 4-5ft wakes all damn day 30yds from my boat turning a day of fishing into a friggin 8hr test of balance, coordination & patience. If boats came with bazookas or cannons i would currently be sitting in a jail cell

My hat is off... Between myself and 4 buddies, we were on the water thurs, fri, and about half the day today. We tried fishing flats, breaks, weeds, deep, shallow, etc. We raised a few fish, and boated a small one, but just could not get the bite going... For us is was a tough couple days. That high PSI and bright sun was sending them deeper, i believe... Anyway, well done.

Nice work guyz! Yup big baits suck on your wrist but what keeps you going is seeing the fruits of your labor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.