Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today just after 4pm and was off the water at 8. I actually just went out to try a little musky casting in between Beacon Cove and Metro, when this nice Eye hit my black and orange bucktail in about 10 fow. Im always fishing for fun, so it doesnt matter to me what I catch, but I seem to always hook into the opposite of what Im trying to catch...lol. Anyway, I though it was a nice fish that I though I'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice Walleye.

Did you eat him or let'm go for me to catch tomorrow?

·
Vendor
539 Posts
Always loved getting walleye that would hit a bucktail. They ddint seem to act like walleye. The ones aggressive enough to hit a 10" bucktail HIT HARD AND RAN HARD. Best casting IVe seen for walleye is anytime you have a hard east wind 12mph or higher with heavy overcast skies near Selfridge ANG and the water gets stained. The walleye move into 4ft of water and hit anything. Thats about the only time on St Clair I could purposely target walleye with a fly rod as well.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(muskie_caster @ Jul 24 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Always loved getting walleye that would hit a bucktail. They ddint seem to act like walleye. The ones aggressive enough to hit a 10" bucktail HIT HARD AND RAN HARD. Best casting IVe seen for walleye is anytime you have a hard east wind 12mph or higher with heavy overcast skies near Selfridge ANG and the water gets stained. The walleye move into 4ft of water and hit anything. Thats about the only time on St Clair I could purposely target walleye with a fly rod as well.

Appreciate the info Muskie C
That is good to know.

Nice eye Ray!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.