Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to fish solo today my intended partner could not make it and I did not have time to find a replacement. launched a selfridge around 7am fished until 4pm. Cruised over to the salt and within 20min a 41in musky slammed my luhr jensen peacock special. This fish hit so hard it came 2ft out of the water I mean from the tip of his nose to his tail was air born with my lure in his mouth and came crashing down into the water. I stood in the front of my boat in absolute shock and the sound of line peeling off my reel snapped me out of it and the fight was on. Of course my net was not ready so I'm holding the rod in one hand and trying to extend the handle on my net which is not easy when a musky is trying to pull you overboard. Then I though man I need a picture of this fish so now I'm trying to get the camera and finally get a pic. I get the fish in the net unhooked it and released, what an experience. After that I caught a small juvy(no pic) then it starts raining and the largemouth starts hammering my musky bait I must have caught 7 or 8 nice largies all while standing in a downpour of rain. Had 6 more follows and a missed strike then a big clap of thunder boomed over head and I only got one other follow after that then they seemed to just shut down. I went out in the bay in 13fow threw the trolling motor set it on course along the break and started fishing for smallies with only 2 caught. Started back toward thee launch and decided to hit some more largies fished along the shore between the barracks and the launch with no luck. Saw around 10 to 12 bass swimming along the grassline about 50ft from shore but were completely inactive. Tried everything imaginable but they just ignored it so I decided to call it quits.

Musky lure used:
Automotive lighting Insect Arthropod Automotive parking light Office supplies

Musky caught:
Water Vertebrate Fluid Shark Cloud

Head of bass caught:
Atmosphere Sky Gesture Atmospheric phenomenon Fawn

Attachments

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
greag job SIR, atleast you got something besides WET, lol, nice ski

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Topwater Musky are an awesome sight, glad you got a good one!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks for the report, as always it was good and action packed. Seeing 41' ski come out of the water with your lure in it's mouth is a sight to behold. Congratulations!

·
Vendor
539 Posts
Ive been fishing for trout on the streams here in Montana lately with top water. BUT just isnt quit getting the same effect
. Hopfully my dad can get my boat out here in August so I can hit some of the pike and musky lakes near here.

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 11 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the report, as always it was good and action packed. Seeing 41' ski come out of the water with your lure in it's mouth is a sight to behold. Congratulations!

I was totaly surprised to see it come all the way out of the water like a missile would have been better if was the 50 I'm looking for but unforgetable all the same.

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 11 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beauty Tim

Wish you could have been there. I remembered my pain pills this time. casting those musky lures wokrs me over pretty good

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job Tim.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jul 11 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wish you could have been there. I remembered my pain pills this time. casting those musky lures wokrs me over pretty good

Me too bro. Got in last night around 4:30am and just couldn't get up. Zero sleep since I signed with Cruefest

·
2,212 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 11 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jul 11 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too bro. Got in last night around 4:30am and just couldn't get up. Zero sleep since I signed with Cruefest

Hope you have a good tour give me a call when you get back. You need to buy stock in monster drinks or redbull maybe both

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Tim I was wondering if you could help me a bit more? My son is 8 years old and Im trying to get him his first musky badly and Im going to Anchor Bay Saturday to give it a try. Could you let me know how deep you were fishing. It would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much. He
uses the exact same lure you are fishing.

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(musky50 @ Jul 12 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Tim I was wondering if you could help me a bit more? My son is 8 years old and Im trying to get him his first musky badly and Im going to Anchor Bay Saturday to give it a try. Could you let me know how deep you were fishing. It would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much. He
uses the exact same lure you are fishing.

7.5 to 8ft

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thankyou very much Tim. Hudson and I greatly appreciate it and will keep you guys updated. Please if any of you see us in our black 620 ranger fisherman out on the water please come on up to us and introduce yourselfs I would love to meet you all.
We will be fishing Saturday in Anchor Bay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts