Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junksters fishing partner canceled for the day because of the high winds. He asked me to go. I thought about it for a sec and decided I better go. so we meet at 5:45 and on the lake by sunrise. We figured we better not go as far as we planned because the winds were already higher than expected. around 7 I set the hook on a fish felt some good head shakes and gone. bucktail came spinning out . looked up saw a tail. looked and felt like a good fish. not too long later my bucktail was near the boat another fish took it. same thing. let go. then followed. a decent fish. I was kinda pissed at this point. I had a few choice words.. but kept fishing. awhile later I say to Dale. oh well thats musky fishing. and told him that Its not a big deal because I may lose 3 this time. but maybe I will catch 3 next time. thats just how it goes sometimes. So i had my PMA(positive musky attitude) back and about an hour later we were in an area we didint feel the fish were in. but I see some weeds and bring my bucktail across it.. nothing. we were like yea lets move. one more cast and on the retreive I was looking down at the drift sock I knew i had to pull in.. WHam.. fish surfaced pulled some. it pulled back. thought I had a decent fish on. then it peeled out 30 feet of line. and I was thinking wow.. feels big all of sudden. bring it in. she peels more line out. and then kicks it into high gear and screatches the drag out. I tell Dale to get the net for the 4th or 5th time as he was standing there with it waiting for the fish to stop running.. I finally get it to the boat. and in the net. Dale says thats a 50. I agreed. but the bumpboard didnt agree..it said 49 3/4.. bumpboards are nice. but I think a tape measure would have read 50. oh well. we tried to get the 1/4 inch. but Dale doesnt have a fish stretcher on board. We caught another 30" musky and a decent pike. and decided to call it because the winds..

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Don't you guys have jobs?
You guys are making me sick with all this fishing while I'm slaving away for the citizens of Michigan.

Nice fish.

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 3 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Big goose egg for me this morning....but that's normal. Nice fish boys.

Are ya holdin yer mouth right?

I think you need to kick that goose in the a$$ man and serve it for dinner!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
if i can find the article again ill link it spinner, it about casting in high winds and how the increased speed on the retrive can trigger strikes. was a good read, but the jist of the story was you can get a high speed retrieve wich can turn a spot of followers into a spot of active fish by being able to acheive lure speeds higher then normal with the increased drift speed

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Aug 3 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if i can find the article again ill link it spinner, it about casting in high winds and how the increased speed on the retrive can trigger strikes. was a good read, but the jist of the story was you can get a high speed retrieve wich can turn a spot of followers into a spot of active fish by being able to acheive lure speeds higher then normal with the increased drift speed

yeah that would be cool. I am always looking for new articles. You can never read too much

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.