Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first seen this fish Memorial day casting for pike with my spinnerbait. It was a decent fish so I marked it on the Gps and came back the 2nd day of season and drifted right across the waypoint. It was clear water so I threw on a Black spinnerbait and had a follow. and right away I knew it was the same fish. I could tell by the way she acted she was almost ready to eat. the problem was I wasnt sure if I had the patience for it. I did another drift over the fish but nothin.. then I started another drift and some boats flew through So I said f-it. Im gonna go check somewhere else. I went over fished another spot no luck. on the way off the lake aggrivated with only having one little musky and a bowfin boated. I decided to see if Lolly was ready to eat yet. I was drifting down the same line and realized I had the wrong lure on. I figured if she followed the black spinnerbait the first time maybe that was what she wanted. As i got close to my waypoint I seen it was off to my left so I made a long cast and kept the spinnerbait just over the weeds and just a few cranks in She hit It hard and put up a good fight with lots of scary head shakes. Never give up on a fish. Last year I had a follow at 9 am. and i pounded the spot for 6 hours and she finally turned on. So if you have the patience camp out on a fish all day if you have to. this fish luckily only took 2 hours to catch. anothe time last year a fish only took an hour. you never know. but if it is a good fish stay there til its in the boat. If you leave for too long you might miss your opportunity

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job Spinner.

I have 2 musky that I need to visit tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 17 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job Spinner. B)

can you share one please. give me the coordinates.. you can put them on here or Pm me its up to you

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 17 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 17 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job Spinner. B)

can you share one please. give me the coordinates.. you can put them on here or Pm me its up to you

I didn't bother saving the coordinates because both spots are easy for me to find without my GPS.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Great tip Spinner. Its funny.. When I first started fishing I would of NEVER set a waypoint on a fish. I would expect him to swim of somewhere else in the mean time. But as we all know now, that is not always true.. if you have gps, take advantage of it.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
nice fish and good idea on setting the spot to come back to after the season opened up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts