Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
I set my alarm got up deicded to wait for awhile before I knew it the the clouds were already in so I got my crap ready. then decided not to go.. later in the day. I see conditions were setting up for a night bite so I texted Junkster with " MUSKY MUSKY MUSKY MUKSY" that was all he needed the next thing i know my phone was ringin. we decide to meet up at 730.. First cast around 8. got a couple quick follows..I started to think we made the wrong decision then after 9. the first fish slams my Firetiger Giant Killer what a fight it put up. made a couple runs under the boat I thought for sure it was gonna break off . luckily we landed it.. got some fresh slime in the new beckman. an hour later Dale catches one on a cowgirl. then I thought the action was done. so I threw my giant killer back on for the hell of it and within minutes I hooked into another close to the boat. Dale couldnt get the head lamp on. fish was boatside thrashin and did a jump. finally he netted the fish. fished til 12 no more action. pretty good 4 hour trip. Musky fishing is a whole new ball game when the sun goes down.. this is our 2nd trip at night. with 3 fish landed. lost 2. I think we will be spending more nights on the lake. we were in 7-8 feet of water. I caught the smallest bass of my life too. smaler than the lure.. kinda weird

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I love fishing at night! I did it a bunch last year. Only been out a couple of times at night this year. It's been hard for me to get out at night with as cool as it's been. I'm leaving on Sunday for a week, but when I get back I'm expecting to be fully into summer pattern....we'll see if the fish are too or not. I'll propbably head out this morning and see what this cold front is going to do today.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job guys.

I think you guys must be using fish crack on your bucktails to catch all these musky.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 17 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job guys. B)

I think you guys must be using fish crack on your bucktails to catch all these musky.

"Fish crack"! What an interesting concept. Well they are definately "hooked"
I "crack" me up

Yes we are using fish crack. I have gallons for 10 bucks or 2 for 15

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 17 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job guys. B)

I "crack" me up

Awww Zib, poor choice of words!!! lmao!

Nice work out there Spinn and Junk. Beautiful fish..and NICE BASS LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dude you gotta get me out there night fishing for skis....good job dude keep up the good work I bet you can get a few more fish outta that special lure, got 2 on it today:)

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jul 18 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 17 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job guys. B)

I "crack" me up

Awww Zib, poor choice of words!!! lmao!

Nice work out there Spinn and Junk. Beautiful fish..and NICE BASS LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Dale knows what I meant.

BTW, did you ever see the episode of King of the Hill where Hank unknowingly used crack for bait & he slayed the fish?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 17 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 17 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job guys. B)

I "crack" me up

Yes we are using fish crack. I have gallons for 10 bucks or 2 for 15

I'll take 2 gallons please.

BTW, you have to be a sponsor to advertise your product on this site.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good job!! I love fishing when the sun goes down. Haven't fished for muskies though, that would b ALOT of FUN!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.