Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
I met Junkster at the launch first cast around 6. we had 2 smallmouth, a pike and a small musky in the boat by 8:30. then not one fish til over 8 hours later.. then we had a couple follows and dale caight a smallmouth and had a hit on his baby cowgirl. we were up arounD 12 fololws? and 12 hours in. 5 fish only 1 musky.. I said to Dale .. well I dont think its going to happen. he says me either.. I was ready to call it. but dale wanted to Run and gun back to the launch so I said ok most of the musky were at 8 feet. so lets go til we see 8 feet and cast.. We get out there and i get a fololow... then Dale has a high 30s hit at the boat on his baby cowgirl. I said f**k it. all I have is this big cowgirl but it could work. Ill try it. first cast wham fish did 2 jumps, destoryed my cowgirl but got her in the net. . I still didnt feel comfortable with the big lure so I changed it up. but went right back to it. and this time a monster slams it. and peels drag right away. I get her over half way in and she did 3 headshakes and got off and just sat there. Cowgirl came back in all bent to hell. not long after Dale catches a 36- 37 inch Musky. but I had 2 cameras all ready for the pic and it squeezed thourgh a big hole. no pic. then after that I had another hit on the cowgirl and we had another 10 folows.. never seen anything like it. it was non stop follows, 2 in the boat, 2 lost .during the 2 plus hour window. . to bad we didnt catch more.. Oh well. it was good fishing with you Dale. Hope we can do it again..post those pics of the pike and smallmouth

Water Sky Cloud Boat Hat
Water Sky Cloud Fisherman Fish
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Smile

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job guys.

I was fishing the 8 fow in those same area as you guys but I was off the water before 3:00.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jun 21 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It looks like you found a new lucky hat Spinner. Great job on working them fish over guys.

Must be the hat. they were flockin to the boat..

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 21 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>junkster good to see you made it home.. I thought you were out looking for cowgirls or something

I had to get something to eat!!!! Hard work casting all day. I get to do it all over again in 6 hours
I got to resize the pics. I had a blast today, thanks for going today.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
WEay to go Dale. Soon. Bob

·
Registered
731 Posts
[ Hope we can do it again..post those pics of the pike and smallmouth

[/quote]

Here's the rest of the flicks. Wish I could of gotten a picture of that musky. Seen her head was thru the net and I tried to hang on to her tail but she was determined not to get her picture took.

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Lake
Water Sky Shorts Cloud Boat
Water Sky Boat Shorts Watercraft

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 21 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there anywhere local a guy can buy DCG's other than Cabelas?

I don't know Esox. I purchased mine from Cabelas. U might have to go on line if u don't want to drive to DunnDee

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(reel escape @ Jun 22 2009, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Put some zip ties on the net to close the holes.

thats a good idea. Dale is out there on the lake now. hope the net makes it through the day for him

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 21 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I met Junkster at the launch first cast around 6. we had 2 smallmouth, a pike and a small musky in the boat by 8:30. then not one fish til over 8 hours later.. then we had a couple follows and dale caight a smallmouth and had a hit on his baby cowgirl. we were up arounD 12 fololws? and 12 hours in. 5 fish only 1 musky.. I said to Dale .. well I dont think its going to happen. he says me either.. I was ready to call it. but dale wanted to Run and gun back to the launch so I said ok most of the musky were at 8 feet. so lets go til we see 8 feet and cast.. We get out there and i get a fololow... then Dale has a high 30s hit at the boat on his baby cowgirl. I said f**k it. all I have is this big cowgirl but it could work. Ill try it. first cast wham fish did 2 jumps, destoryed my cowgirl but got her in the net. . I still didnt feel comfortable with the big lure so I changed it up. but went right back to it. and this time a monster slams it. and peels drag right away. I get her over half way in and she did 3 headshakes and got off and just sat there. Cowgirl came back in all bent to hell. not long after Dale catches a 36- 37 inch Musky. but I had 2 cameras all ready for the pic and it squeezed thourgh a big hole. no pic. then after that I had another hit on the cowgirl and we had another 10 folows.. never seen anything like it. it was non stop follows, 2 in the boat, 2 lost .during the 2 plus hour window. . to bad we didnt catch more.. Oh well. it was good fishing with you Dale. Hope we can do it again..post those pics of the pike and smallmouth

View attachment 62883
View attachment 62884
View attachment 62885

AHHHH... But no lunch without the BASSTURD in the boat!!! LOLOLOL

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(bassturd @ Jun 22 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 21 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I met Junkster at the launch first cast around 6. we had 2 smallmouth, a pike and a small musky in the boat by 8:30. then not one fish til over 8 hours later.. then we had a couple follows and dale caight a smallmouth and had a hit on his baby cowgirl. we were up arounD 12 fololws? and 12 hours in. 5 fish only 1 musky.. I said to Dale .. well I dont think its going to happen. he says me either.. I was ready to call it. but dale wanted to Run and gun back to the launch so I said ok most of the musky were at 8 feet. so lets go til we see 8 feet and cast.. We get out there and i get a fololow... then Dale has a high 30s hit at the boat on his baby cowgirl. I said f**k it. all I have is this big cowgirl but it could work. Ill try it. first cast wham fish did 2 jumps, destoryed my cowgirl but got her in the net. . I still didnt feel comfortable with the big lure so I changed it up. but went right back to it. and this time a monster slams it. and peels drag right away. I get her over half way in and she did 3 headshakes and got off and just sat there. Cowgirl came back in all bent to hell. not long after Dale catches a 36- 37 inch Musky. but I had 2 cameras all ready for the pic and it squeezed thourgh a big hole. no pic. then after that I had another hit on the cowgirl and we had another 10 folows.. never seen anything like it. it was non stop follows, 2 in the boat, 2 lost .during the 2 plus hour window. . to bad we didnt catch more.. Oh well. it was good fishing with you Dale. Hope we can do it again..post those pics of the pike and smallmouth

View attachment 62883
View attachment 62884
View attachment 62885

Musky guys dont need no lunch.. thats for the bassturds ..
heard you had a rough trip sorry to hear that fletchers is usually great

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(bassturd @ Jun 22 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 21 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I met Junkster at the launch first cast around 6. we had 2 smallmouth, a pike and a small musky in the boat by 8:30. then not one fish til over 8 hours later.. then we had a couple follows and dale caight a smallmouth and had a hit on his baby cowgirl. we were up arounD 12 fololws? and 12 hours in. 5 fish only 1 musky.. I said to Dale .. well I dont think its going to happen. he says me either.. I was ready to call it. but dale wanted to Run and gun back to the launch so I said ok most of the musky were at 8 feet. so lets go til we see 8 feet and cast.. We get out there and i get a fololow... then Dale has a high 30s hit at the boat on his baby cowgirl. I said f**k it. all I have is this big cowgirl but it could work. Ill try it. first cast wham fish did 2 jumps, destoryed my cowgirl but got her in the net. . I still didnt feel comfortable with the big lure so I changed it up. but went right back to it. and this time a monster slams it. and peels drag right away. I get her over half way in and she did 3 headshakes and got off and just sat there. Cowgirl came back in all bent to hell. not long after Dale catches a 36- 37 inch Musky. but I had 2 cameras all ready for the pic and it squeezed thourgh a big hole. no pic. then after that I had another hit on the cowgirl and we had another 10 folows.. never seen anything like it. it was non stop follows, 2 in the boat, 2 lost .during the 2 plus hour window. . to bad we didnt catch more.. Oh well. it was good fishing with you Dale. Hope we can do it again..post those pics of the pike and smallmouth

View attachment 62883
View attachment 62884
View attachment 62885

Now you owe me 2 lunches! When U going to Long Lake? Is there a rock bass tournament going on or something

1 - 20 of 23 Posts