Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
I went out yesterday had a weird 20 minute window .had a 40" follow... caught a low 30s. then 2 more follows then nothing the rest of the day .. today started out with some clouds. and I had 2 follows. t followed by hot sun for awhile. pretty slow. until I had a 35 minute window catching 3 fish. the biggest was low 40s.. I was tellin my uncle that I havnt caught anything on the buctails that I made when a 30 something hit my black and yellow bucktail.. landed that one. I was glad my bucktails worked even though the fish was small. 20 minutes later I had the same bucktail on. and got the lure to the boat when the low 40s flew up grabbed my lure. this fish did a jump away from the boat. I pulled it back it jumped again into the side of the boat finally my uncle netted it.. then I took the lure off and put on my giant killer and caught the smallest one.. Musky are actin wierd. they only turn on for a short time. I fished for 7 hours and pretty much worked an area I knew had fish waiting for them to turn on. finally they did. Caught these fish in 8 feet.tandem bucktails. middle 2 fish on silver blade. black n yellow.. the other 2 were brown/yellow with gold blade..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Way to go spinnerbait, nice job. I saw you guys out there. We got a late start and only had a few hours to fish before the storms rolled in. Our graphite rods were buzzing and I thought I better head in.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jun 25 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go spinnerbait, nice job. I saw you guys out there. We got a late start and only had a few hours to fish before the storms rolled in. Our graphite rods were buzzing and I thought I better head in.

Yea. after my 2nd fish. my uncle was in the back of the boat gettin excited about something . I thought he had a fish on. but he was just gettin zapped ..I wanted to stay longer to see if he could get one. he hasnt caught one in 20 years or something. maybe next timehe will catch one.. i felt bad catchin all the fish.. even though he did catch a nice healthy rock bass

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Beautiful fish!

The muskies seem to have a really nice coloration this year... and a lot of chunky ones too.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
nice job i wanted to get out by time i got home from work was just starting to storm, we lost power using my generator atm

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job.

I guess I picked the wrong day to call in sick.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
BTW Spinner, are you still using the same low gear ratio reel that you used last year?

·
Registered
731 Posts
You are a musky hunter!! Great job. I'm sure you'll get over your uncle not catching any skies. My air-card is dead, can't get one until Monday. I'm using the WIFI at WCCCD.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 25 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You are a musky hunter!! Great job. I'm sure you'll get over your uncle not catching any skies. My air-card is dead, can't get one until Monday. I'm using the WIFI at WCCCD.

yea he will get one eventually. I tried to give him my bucktail after I caught the 2 fish. but he wouldnt take it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts