Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
I woke up at 6 this morning excited to hit the lake after being away for 4 days.. decided to go back to bed and start later instead.. got to the lake sometime after 12 with my girlfriend. she caught a bass and a musky pretty quick. I had one hit from behind but got off. it felt good.. then she decided she was sick of lookin at the same shore so she wanted to move.. eventually came back had some good follows. I met Rick James and Bass tek at waypoint 81.. we were after the same fish.. but they were headin home. around 5:15 I took the wife to her car and picked up Junkster. came back out. and I put on my Showgirl.. and first cast right by waypoint 81. Caught the first fish. Junkster scooped it up. less than hour later Junkster was tossin a Cowgirl and he caught a nice fat one.. the Junkster catches about a 30 inch pike on the same cowgirl. which kinda suprised me.... then I catch a nice smallmouth. lose a musky more follows. then we tried a new area and I was all packed up and decided to Pee off the front of the boat and I hear Dale say something . I look back and see this musky swipin at his bait but missin. then Dale does a figure P or figure something.. You will have to ask him about that.. wel it worked and like a cat I hop to the back of the boat to net the fish.. a real skinny high 30s fish.. pretty good short trip with Junkster 4 hours 3 fish.. Plus the wifes little one earlier.. All the action was 6-9 feet. cowgirl,showgirls,Giant killer..

Water Glasses Sky Vertebrate Cloud
Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Fisherman
Water Sky Vertebrate Fin Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Great job guys! Very nice looking fish indeed. The fish were VERY active today for sure. Rick had a huge Smallmouth today also.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job guys! Very nice looking fish indeed. The fish were VERY active today for sure. Rick had a huge Smallmouth today also.

Yeah very active. not sure if I should go tomorrow. I think they all ate today?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 9 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job guys! Very nice looking fish indeed. The fish were VERY active today for sure. Rick had a huge Smallmouth today also.

It's kind of funny. I had a great day Monday. Only 1 fish on Tuesday. Then a great day today. You just never know what there going to do. But if you ask me, I think you should go. I know where I will be lol.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Great Fish Fella's. Love the figure P Junk!!lol whatever works right? Glad you picked up that fish too Spinner! thats sweet!!!

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Jul 9 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great Fish Fella's. Love the figure P Junk!!lol whatever works right? Glad you picked up that fish too Spinner! thats sweet!!!

the funniest thing about the fish was after we got it in the net. he said. " I figure Eighted his a$$" ............ kinda weird how the fish swiped at it a couple times missing. and was real skinny it must have hard time hunting

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 9 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job guys! Very nice looking fish indeed. The fish were VERY active today for sure. Rick had a huge Smallmouth today also.

It's kind of funny. I had a great day Monday. Only 1 fish on Tuesday. Then a great day today. You just never know what there going to do. But if you ask me, I think you should go. I know where I will be lol.

with all these great days where are your reports?? But then you come on somebody elses report and brag about your great days?? not cool in my opinion TEK. If you don't want to share your fishing reports and what's going on out there fine but don't come on somebody elses report and brag about YOU.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Jul 9 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great Fish Fella's. Love the figure P Junk!!lol whatever works right? Glad you picked up that fish too Spinner! thats sweet!!!

the funniest thing about the fish was after we got it in the net. he said. " I figure Eighted his a$" ............ kinda weird how the fish swiped at it a couple times missing. and was real skinny it must have hard time hunting

Funny you say that. The small skinny ones came in REAL hot yesturday.Taking Multiple swipes and missing the lures.

Picture this... Im talking and not paying attention (go figure) and I lift my lure out of the water. I look down at the same time and this little maybe 24" Muskie shoots in to smack the lure. Well i lifted it out by then and he sat there like he was confused and pissed off! lol So I put my lure back in the water and he smacked it hard! lol for a little guy he sure was full of spunk! I got a kick out of that.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Jul 9 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Jul 9 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great Fish Fella's. Love the figure P Junk!!lol whatever works right? Glad you picked up that fish too Spinner! thats sweet!!!

the funniest thing about the fish was after we got it in the net. he said. " I figure Eighted his a$" ............ kinda weird how the fish swiped at it a couple times missing. and was real skinny it must have hard time hunting

Funny you say that. The small skinny ones came in REAL hot yesturday.Taking Multiple swipes and missing the lures.

Picture this... Im talking and not paying attention (go figure) and I lift my lure out of the water. I look down at the same time and this little maybe 24" Muskie shoots in to smack the lure. Well i lifted it out by then and he sat there like he was confused and pissed off! lol So I put my lure back in the water and he smacked it hard! lol for a little guy he sure was full of spunk! I got a kick out of that.

Too bad the bigger ones wont do that.. yesterday right before I had to pick up Dale I made my first cast with a Dominatrix and as i puled it out of the water I had about a 40 come up to the surface after my lure.. and not payin attention and it took off probably woulda hit in the Figure P

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 9 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job guys! Very nice looking fish indeed. The fish were VERY active today for sure. Rick had a huge Smallmouth today also.

with all these great days where are your reports?? But then you come on somebody elses report and brag about your great days?? not cool in my opinion TEK. If you don't want to share your fishing reports and what's going on out there fine but don't come on somebody elses report and brag about YOU.

That sounds funny coming from you Schram. I don't think I was bragging. But if I was I am very sorry. Great catch once again guys. TEK

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Great report guys, but I'm confused - Spinnerbait, you had your girlfriend, wife AND a showgirl on the same boat on the same day?? And which one is the cowgirl?
jk

Schrammer, it didn't strike me at all that Tek was "bragging", seemed like he was just agreeing that every day is different, and that Rick caught a big bass - and I did see a post that Rickjames made about their trip yesterday... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
526 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 9 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 9 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job guys! Very nice looking fish indeed. The fish were VERY active today for sure. Rick had a huge Smallmouth today also.

That sounds funny coming from you Schram. I don't think I was bragging. But if I was I am very sorry. Great catch once again guys. TEK

TEK,

Please post all GPS locations of your big fish as penance....LOL looks like a great day guys!

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(superman @ Jul 9 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report guys, but I'm confused - Spinnerbait, you had your girlfriend, wife AND a showgirl on the same boat on the same day?? And which one is the cowgirl?
jk

Schrammer, it didn't strike me at all that Tek was "bragging", seemed like he was just agreeing that every day is different, and that Rick caught a big bass - and I did see a post that Rickjames made about their trip yesterday... just my 2 cents

I had a Super Model too. but I will save her for later in the season

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Great job guys.

Spinner, I think your waypoint 81 is the same as my waypoint 2 or pretty dam close.
That fish looks like the one I seen my last time out but she wasn't there today.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 9 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job guys. B)

Spinner, I think your waypoint 81 is the same as my waypoint 2 or pretty dam close.
That fish looks like the one I seen my last time out but she wasn't there today.

zib, the one we saw? or the one you told me about?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts