Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
I got started at about 830. didnt like the conditions at first. saw a big one swim by (#89)... before 9. she just lolly gagged by. and as she did my lure came over her face. but she wasnt interested at all. I fished around for awhile. then conditions got a little better so I went over by the fish again.. but north. and had 5 small follows. then I spot another little one coming in but it turned away. and went to the bottom. so I started to figure 0. and it came up and grabbed the bucktail. .. 7 minutes later I had about a 30 incher follow me in. and I caught this one in the first turn of the 0.. first 2 ever 7 minutes apart. not very big. but still kinda exciting.. after the 2nd fish. I figured they were turning on and I should try for #89... I was drifting toward the spot . but wasnt sure if she was just swimming through that location or what so I just let the drift play out. I made a long with the Giant killer. just a few cranks and wham.. saw a boil. battle on. got the fish to the boat did some runs as I was tryin to net it. at one point I had it in the net but it got out. and took me on another run. i thought for sure the fish would get off but she was hooked good. finally scooped it up. and what a releif.. checked the Gps and I went right through the spot. I wasnt sure if she would be there since she was just swimming by the first time. but she was. My biggest of the year so far. She was fat ..but still not a 50.. after that I had a couple more little ones hit. one big one hit and lost a little one at the boat. Then I had to leave to take care of some stuff. caught a Lm and a sm too. pretty good day. Fish were in about 8-9 feet. caught all 3 on a firetiger Giant killer..

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good job man I thought I seen you further out there, I stayed shallow 2 dinks and lost 2 decent ones the same way you caught yours. Alot of aggresive follows but no takers by the boat. Again Nice job!

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job man I thought I seen you further out there, I stayed shallow 2 dinks and lost 2 decent ones the same way you caught yours. Alot of aggresive follows but no takers by the boat. Again Nice job!

Yeah I lost count of fish at 15. pretty active today.they seemed like they were bunched up . There were 2 more nice ones I was after but I had to go.. hope they are there next time

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Great job Spinner.

If you needed someone to fish with today you could have PM'd me & I wouyld have forced myself to get up early.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice fish Spinner!! #89 would that be a waypoint from yesterday????? If you figure P you would have caught the rest of those follows...lol...camera got slimed.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 10 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish Spinner!! #89 would that be a waypoint from yesterday????? If you figure P you would have caught the rest of those follows...lol...camera got slimed.

Nope the big ones from the other day were 85-88.. I marked 89 today.. dont worry I didnt catch ur fish.......YET

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 10 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job Spinner. B)

If you needed someone to fish with today you could have PM'd me & I wouyld have forced myself to get up early.

Let me know ur schedule I can always use a good net man.

·
Registered
377 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 10 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job man I thought I seen you further out there, I stayed shallow 2 dinks and lost 2 decent ones the same way you caught yours. Alot of aggresive follows but no takers by the boat. Again Nice job!

Yeah I lost count of fish at 15. pretty active today.they seemed like they were bunched up . There were 2 more nice ones I was after but I had to go.. hope they are there next time

Yea, about 9 o clock I went to were I lost My bigger fish could't get them. Hopefully I can find them sunday. Im fishing that muskie club tourney tommorow so I will be on the Canadian side trolling. But hey you going out sunday?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 10 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 10 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job Spinner. B)

Let me know ur schedule I can always use a good net man.

I can fish the weekends & an occasional weekday if I take a vacation day or get sick.
I now have 2 Friday's a month off due to Aunt Jenny making us take furlough days because she doesn't have a clue on how to balance the state budget.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 10 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 10 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish Spinner!! #89 would that be a waypoint from yesterday????? If you figure P you would have caught the rest of those follows...lol...camera got slimed.

Nope the big ones from the other day were 85-88.. I marked 89 today.. dont worry I didnt catch ur fish.......YET

That fish doesn't want anything you have, she wants that lure you left in the Taquanonom river in the U.P.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 10 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 10 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 10 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish Spinner!! #89 would that be a waypoint from yesterday????? If you figure P you would have caught the rest of those follows...lol...camera got slimed.

That fish doesn't want anything you have, she wants that lure you left in the Taquanonom river in the U.P.

only 1 follow on a cowgirl today..

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice job Spinner.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Jul 10 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a fat fish Spinner! Did you get a length on it? Beautiful fish regardless.WTG bud,

Yea I was suprised to see how fat it was.. it was 45+ Tek was right there. I was hoping he was gonna fly over and be my extreme net man
. but he didnt

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Just replied to your PM 'Bait. I asked you how you did, but that's before I read this. Duh.

Anyway, our fish were about 9:30, then my big girl was about noon. One of these days we need to meet up and shake hands. Never actually met you yet.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Nice fish SpinnerBait! You do a great job of fighting, landing and photographing those fish by yourself. I know it's not easy. Awesome job!

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jul 10 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just replied to your PM 'Bait. I asked you how you did, but that's before I read this. Duh.

Anyway, our fish were about 9:30, then my big girl was about noon. One of these days we need to meet up and shake hands. Never actually met you yet.

Yea around noon there seemed to be a window. next time you see me swing by

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jul 10 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 10 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job man I thought I seen you further out there, I stayed shallow 2 dinks and lost 2 decent ones the same way you caught yours. Alot of aggresive follows but no takers by the boat. Again Nice job!

Yea, about 9 o clock I went to were I lost My bigger fish could't get them. Hopefully I can find them sunday. Im fishing that muskie club tourney tommorow so I will be on the Canadian side trolling. But hey you going out sunday?

Yea i will be out with Junkster. he will probably keep my on the lake all day.. talk about a musky maniac. the guy wants to fish all night. probably see you out there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts