Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the lake around 8 sunday. had a follow from 4 or 5 perch.. then junk had a follow by 4 walleye. one took a swipe at his tail on the bucktail. I thought we were doomed with all the little fish swimin around and the high pressure. We were wishin we had walleye lures with us. but luckily we didnt.. over an hour in I look down and see this Musky take my bucktail and run with it. It caught me off gaurd. but we got it in the net.a fat 48 incher.. then I caught this pike with unusual marking. measured just under 34"..a couple hours later Dale has a monster grab his lure but missed the hookset.the fish followed after the hit. and Junk said it was huge.. ended the day with junk catchin a pike.. fish were in 10-11 feet..

Monday I went out by myself. I caught a walleye and a mud puppy on the first drift.. As i got to the end of my drift I had a big hit.on my firetiger giant killer.. felt like a musky.. So i marked it.. next drift came through with a black bucktail. wham another hit.. looked down to mark it.. I was on the waypoint of the last hit so i didnt mark it.. I circled back for a short drift.changed to brown/yellow.. I was on the phone but said I have to go in i am almost to this fish.. i hung up the phone looked down and the gps said 14 feet to the waypoint. so i did a short cast to my right and looked down to see this 42incher grab it boatside... 3 drifts through 3 completely different bucktails. silver/gold .. black fire brown yellow it didnt seem to matter. I have always said if a fish is hungry it will eat whatever you throw at it.. it seemed to be true on this fish.. this was in about 12 feet by metro..

yesterday.. just a follow from a 40 something. worst day in awhile

Attachments

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
THANX for the report. I havent been out in over 2 weeks and was really missing you're reports. Nice fat fish. Going to go out friday if it doesnt rain. Will try my usual spot in 6-8', if I go an hour and a half with no action will move to 10'+ and try it out there. THANX AGAIN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.