Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually dont share my reports but tonight im making an exception.... was an awesome day to be out on the lake yesterday. Jake and I ended up going 3/3 in the morning all on bucktails. We also had a couple follows that appeared to be equally as big. Landed a small northern as well.

First one came around 9am, I just pulled my lure out of the water to cast again and when I did so she came out from under the boat! I swear if musky could talk she would have said something like "where the hell did it go!?" I immediately shoved my rod tip in the water and started doing circles... missed it!... missed again!!....5 seconds later she comes back and engulfs my whole bucktail right in front of us!!! She measured in at 42 1/2"

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Boat

Less than an hour later, I cast out start reeling in and WHAM! Side swipes my bucktail and goes off on a sprint, peeled off about 30ft of line, turned back around and started heading right for the boat. Second ski measures in at 43 1/2"

Water Sky Cloud Boat Watercraft

45 minutes later Jake lands into a beauty!!! I personally think she was a little bigger than the previous 2 but after I took the hooks out of her mouth Jake whent to grab her out of the net and she shook free out of his hand and flopped right back into the water!!! We ended up agreeing she was about 43" ... poor Jake... would have loved to at least get a picture... would have been his biggest yet

I told him I could just take a picture of him without the fish, you can see his reply....
We laughed and agreed there are many more to come. Thats fishing, stuff happens!

Water Sky Jeans Boat Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE(thor450mx @ Sep 16 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I usually dont share my reports but tonight im making an exception.... was an awesome day to be out on the lake yesterday. Jake and I ended up going 3/3 in the morning all on bucktails. We also had a couple follows that appeared to be equally as big. Landed a small northern as well.

First one came around 9am, I just pulled my lure out of the water to cast again and when I did so she came out from under the boat! I swear if musky could talk she would have said something like "where the hell did it go!?" I immediately shoved my rod tip in the water and started doing circles... missed it!... missed again!!....5 seconds later she comes back and engulfs my whole bucktail right in front of us!!! She measured in at 42 1/2"

View attachment 66694

Less than an hour later, I cast out start reeling in and WHAM! Side swipes my bucktail and goes off on a sprint, peeled off about 30ft of line, turned back around and started heading right for the boat. Second ski measures in at 43 1/2"

View attachment 66696

45 minutes later Jake lands into a beauty!!! I personally think she was a little bigger than the previous 2 but after I took the hooks out of her mouth Jake whent to grab her out of the net and she shook free out of his hand and flopped right back into the water!!! We ended up agreeing she was about 43" ... poor Jake... would have loved to at least get a picture... would have been his biggest yet

I told him I could just take a picture of him without the fish, you can see his reply....
We laughed and agreed there are many more to come. Thats fishing, stuff happens!

View attachment 66702
You guys are lucky you didn't run into those icebergs behind you. LOL

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Wow! It's Bill Jr.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know spinner, its not that I have a need to blank out every photo i put on LSCN and I do appologize for that. However the other pics (other than avatar or personal pic) would clearly give away one of my favorite spots. It would be like someone putting GPS Cords out there for everyone to see. Yeah its funny I guess and I suppose I deserved the "iceburg" remarks but it is what it is.

All musky hit on Super Girls Firetiger and border collie. 10-12 FOW

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(thor450mx @ Sep 16 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know spinner, its not that I have a need to blank out every photo i put on LSCN and I do appologize for that. However the other pics (other than avatar or personal pic) would clearly give away one of my favorite spots. It would be like someone putting GPS Cords out there for everyone to see. Yeah its funny I guess and I suppose I deserved the "iceburg" remarks but it is what it is.

All musky hit on Super Girls Firetiger and border collie. 10-12 FOW

No i meant before you changed your avatar photo it was the same photo as the one musky but without blankin out. I know the spot with the few trees that were shown

1 - 11 of 11 Posts