Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got out for the opener out of Selfridge at 7:15. Fished some weed beds in front of the Selfridge barracks to start off. Water on the west side of Anchor Bay is still very dirty. Was only able to land 1 smallie, 4Lber, on a Brunner Runner in a perch color with a chartruese blade. I then moved to more weedbeds closer to the Salt and had a follow of about a 15lber on a Red Eye. Water still very stained but better than Selfridge. Moved to Grassy where I had no runs, hits or errors. Water was 58 degrees near Grassy with the water much cleaner. Finished the day off the Fairhaven point with nothing to show. Tried both casting as well as trolling to no avail. Called it a day at 1:30 and who should I run into at the ramp but our own future hall of famer, Musky Bob. He had a little better day than me but I`ll let him tell about it. Better luck for me next time.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I don't know if it was a better day or what. 2 Pike ! Catfish 6 lost Muskie. We had fun but the sun got to me a bit. Out in the morning will let you know how we do. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Bob what size were the kitty's, how deep, and what were they caught on?

h2o<---if you would be so kind.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Fished selfridge and the salt all day for the toothy critter. We had 3 follows and 1 on. the 3 follows were all big legal fish. This area should explode once the water clears up a bit. We did happen to land 3 largemouth bass (2 3lb fish and a dink) and 2 5lb walleye! all in all a nice day on the lake!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
The kitty's where nailed on a Red Eye. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thanks bob
what size were they buddy, how deep thanks if you would be so kind.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Got out myself on Saturday, too. What made it a really good day was that my two boys, who rarely fish, went with me! Was out from Selfridge - nothing doing, water still pretty dirty. Then south of A marker, we hit the bass tre - largie, smallie, and silver. Youngest got the biggest fish, oldest got the most bites, and Dad got the smallest fish. No walleye, pike, panfish, or other. Just about a dozen bass. Did see one musky about 36" landed out from Selfridge in 7-8 fow. Off the water by 2 PM to get oldest to work on time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts