Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Invited a good friend Jeff and his 3 boys out for a short Musky trip today. Also along was my main man Jim to help with the boys that were ages 6 to 15. Lines were in the water around 4pm in an area to keep the boys busy with fish. Jack the 6 yr old was an animal on the rods. That boy would not give up. After 4 or 5 boated I figured it was time to go to the spot where we hooked the big fish yesterday. We almost made it there when a board rod got bit. I grabbed the rod and decided this was one for Jim to tackle. After an awesome end of the battle at the back of the boat I netted the fish. This fish knew how to escape and would have if not hooked so well. I knew it had some length but I found out it had some weight when I tried to bring it over the side. Jim insisted on a length measurment and while I was messing with the net I heard 54 so I took a closer look and we both saw it at 54 1/2 without the tail pinched. She swam away fine and we went back to fishing until 8:15 when we pulled lines. We ended up boating 12 for 12 on assorted brands of tails.
Great night with great company. I think the boys are hooked!

Moose

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
54 1/2? holy $hit. The kids got to reel in a few though? Thats cool and 12/12 geez the kids did better than we've done this year. 54 1/2 geez im very dissapointed I didnt skip it tonight. What a slob. Nice job again brother. Im glad i'm learning from one of the best. Nice to have his boat in my back yard haha its almost like cheating.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jul 15 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>54 1/2? holy $hit. The kids got to reel in a few though? Thats cool and 12/12 geez the kids did better than we've done this year. 54 1/2 geez im very dissapointed I didnt skip it tonight. What a slob. Nice job again brother. Im glad i'm learning from one of the best. Nice to have his boat in my back yard haha its almost like cheating.

The kids cranked in most all the fish except for 3 big ones. Maybe the good landing ratio was due to the fish just inhaling the baits tonight. But we did have a couple other knock offs that didn't hook up. We will get out soon brother!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Fantastic! Especially for the kids! They must be hooked.

Jolly nice fish and glad to hear she swam off nice & strong. ><((((((((((((*>

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Another beautiful fish! Congratulations and props to the little guys!

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
wow nice fish good job

1 - 19 of 19 Posts