Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what you do on gin clear water and blue bird sky days for muskie. I am new at this and I had 2 days like this were i could only get them to follow I tried almost slow rolling kicking minnows 6in and 8 1/2in bulldawg. I guess what do you guys suggest for this type of day.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 18 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey guys just wondering what you do on gin clear water and blue bird sky days for muskie. I am new at this and I had 2 days like this were i could only get them to follow I tried almost slow rolling kicking minnows 6in and 8 1/2in bulldawg. I guess what do you guys suggest for this type of day.

Look for stained water the whole bay isnt clear. Use darker smaller faster lures for the clear water. bluebird days you want to fish deeper. with soft plastics. .. Bright days dark water.. dark days clear water..

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i like to use blue lures or real glittery baits if clear water, clear skies i also troll faster to try n trigger a reaction strike. no input for casting i have yet to try it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts