Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Aug 2 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm thinking 6 hrs of fishing in early sept. The day will be filled with tons of muskie advice NOT cutthroat opinions that make peeps feel dumb......Thoughts??

I would say that if we could get 5 or more boats then we do.

I'd be up for it. I know nothing about nothing so I can share what little I do know.
My boat is currently out of commission, plus it's too small & most people don't want to fish in a small boat on SC so the person wanting to learn will need to have a boat that is suitable for casting.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Aug 2 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm thinking 6 hrs of fishing in early sept. The day will be filled with tons of muskie advice NOT cutthroat opinions that make peeps feel dumb......Thoughts??

I would say that if we could get 5 or more boats then we do.

I'd be up for it. I know nothing about nothing so I can share what little I do know.
My boat is currently out of commission, plus it's too small & most people don't want to fish in a small boat on SC so the person wanting to learn will need to have a boat that is suitable for casting.

thanx Zib B)

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 2 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Taking who out? Other members here or inner city gang members, homeless orphan bikini models?

I'll take the bikini models out but don't tell my wife.
She's already been talking about divorce so I don't need her to have more ammo.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Great Idea U got there, if this goes down I will be there. My boat's only 17', and with my son with me, I only have room for 1. But I would take someone out weather permitting. But first week in Sept. I will have a whole 2 months of knowledge to share with someone. Im kinda thinking I should be the student here.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think you have a good idea bud, the more knowledge to Muskie anglers the better. But by having people donate there time and boat means limited education (# of students).I feel you guys should get together and have a small free seminar for those who are new to Muskie fishing. There a ton of things that can and should be talked about to those learning to Muskie fish.JMO
Im assuming your doing this for guys/girls new to Muskie fishing? If not, ignore my comment.lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sounds good to me. I can take 2 people on my boat, pretty well set up for trolling, although I wouldnt mind learning some casting pointers. On a side note looking to put a crew together for the Canadian side on Wed. or Thur of this week, shoot a PM if anyone is interested, have room for 2.

·
Registered
206 Posts
QUOTE(RICKJAMES @ Aug 2 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you have a good idea bud, the more knowledge to Muskie anglers the better. But by having people donate there time and boat means limited education (# of students).I feel you guys should get together and have a small free seminar for those who are new to Muskie fishing. There a ton of things that can and should be talked about to those learning to Muskie fish.JMO
I was just thinking about how this area has next to no seminars on musky as compared to WIS or MIN. I would be interested in helping out in anyway.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
I'm not a musky master but I have learned a lot from some that I concider masters and I would be willing to participate along with my boat.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool looks like we have 10 donations so next we have to find out who is who what is what and how many boats. Cool cool and this will be not only a great day of fishing but a great day of fun and bbq as well

·
Registered
958 Posts
I got my 21 footer I'll add to the mix and I have plenty of gear from rods to boards so I can present plenty of different techniques. The biggest question is who would we be taking out?
If the wife isn't in the boat all I do is chase skies. I'm usually good for a couple of follows and boating 1 everytime I'm out so I "should" be able to present some good info to those in my boat.

·
Registered
958 Posts
After reading the "concern for the muskie" post it seems you only want people to participate that have handled 50+ muskies. IF that is the case then I guess I'll have to withdraw my offer. Let me know

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok guys this is far enough along for some details......................I need you all to state your name (screen name or whatever) below. 2. If your attending as a student or donating your boat. 3. How many student's can fish in your boat??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good idea schram. I'm just spitballing here but wouldn't this be more beneficial to have people meet as a group at somewhere like Anglers Point for seminars on casting/trolling tackle, release, etc. then go fishing. Also, I know this is usually the last concern but... this type of event opens the organizer(s) of an event like this to serious liability exposure. It would be a good idea to have liability insurance in place and/or have a non-profit club organize the event to be covered under thier liability insurance.

I'm reasonably sure MMA would help host an event like this but it would need to be discused by the board. Our insurance would provide coverage to those acting as "guide for a day" under MMA's insurance as well as the event itself. Feel free to e-mail me - [email protected]

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good idea will.....I know insurance never even crossed my mind.

I've got a 21 foot center console that I can fit 2 people on

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.