Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well, after almost complety forgetting about it, i somehow remembered 15 mins before it started to get there. All i can say is great job all of the people including, Will, Brian, and all of the Angler's Point Staff for orgainizing the event. It turned out to be a blast. After listening to the 2 great seminars by Will and Brian, we proceeded out to the lake to fish for musky. I was lucky enough to be paired up with Will Shultz, who is a really cool guy. We headed over near the metro area to do some casting around 3-3:30. Upon arriving, on my first cast i had a decent fish follow. This seemed like it was going to be a good day. Not that long later, Will hooks up into a nice fish and i net it, 41" anda nice fish. That was cool. After that, i hooked into a fish around the same size as his not too far from the boat, but, after giving a hookset, i failed to pick up the slack and when i saw him shake his head he got off. After a couple more follows, a real nice fish that Will said prolly 47-48" follows wills bucktail but doesnt take it. This was cool to watch because the fish just slowly swam right near the boat and off into the lake. No more fish were caught, but i had a great time and we should, as pumkinseed said, do this more often. Thanks all.
Oh, and Will has the pic on his camera, and he'll probably post it later.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Well it was a fun day. Good to see everyone out there having a good time. Ended up 1 for 1 on muskies and we lost a dink pike at the boat.
Jeff send me a PM and I will send the hi rez picture of your first muskie. Fish was taken on one of my bucktails trolling.

I did get to see a boat fire in the morning but it turns out it was a training exercise for the sheriff department. It was nice to hear it was not the real deal because the boat was toasted.

Water Glasses Sky Vertebrate Sunglasses

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Glad you had fun bud. Some of the best anglers on the water all in one room teaching everything they know. Cant beat that, very nice of them all. From all the reports it sounds like it was a great turn out and everyone had a blast. AWESOME! Keep it up and get that 50"!

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE(AlexG @ Sep 19 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well it was a fun day. Good to see everyone out there having a good time. Ended up 1 for 1 on muskies and we lost a dink pike at the boat.
Jeff send me a PM and I will send the hi rez picture of your first muskie. Fish was taken on one of my bucktails trolling.

I did get to see a boat fire in the morning but it turns out it was a training exercise for the sheriff department. It was nice to hear it was not the real deal because the boat was toasted.

View attachment 66800

I just wanna say thanks again Alex. He tought us so much out there. He had us changing lures on the planer boards. It was a little rough at first but then the more we checked for weeds and change lures I started getting the hang of it. Alex knows his stuff and was just sharing so much info with us. That was my first Muskie and now I'm hooked. Instead of going to bass pro and gettin the bass lures I'm getting a bigger box for some Muskie gear. And thanks to everyone who made this happen. It was an excellent learning experience to learn how to do it all hand on. Add Alex makes some good bucktails. And I saw the crazy one he made and it was insane looking. Did anyone guess how many colors yet?

·
Registered
183 Posts
What a great time it was yesterday, meeting a lot of fellow fishermen all there at Anglers Point to get scoop on muskie fishing. I was on the afternoon shift teamed up with Diver on Shagnastys boat. After seting all the lines, it did not take long to have our first one on , then our second then our third and so on. We ended up with 6 for 6
. Our captain did a great job of keeping us on fish.Thanks Jeff for all your help in getting me my first Muskie.
I want to thank Anglers Point for hosting this event. Michigan muskie alliance,Brian Shram for starting it all. Will Shultz, Chad Sandy and Rich Mangus for all your work. And everybody else i might have missed. I hope you plan on doing this again next year, as it is a great way to learn.Here are a few pictures from my camera. Again thanks Jeff. Sky Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish
Water Vertebrate Sky Smile Outdoor recreation

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts