Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Below it the list of students for the total of 16 casting spots and 10 trolling spots (3 boats). We have planned on a 1:1 ratio for casting and 2:1 for the trolling (one trolling boat will have a 1:1 ratio). There will be two sessions (morning and afternoon) with lunch being provided so that everyone in both sessions can meet up.

CASTING MORNING
RAYMOND FOX
HI FISH
BATTY
FISH AK
ROCKY3
AMUZME2
JASON NICKET

CASTING AFTERNOON
COPOUT
TAMI
BAWYDAWG
JEFF O'BRIEN
MICHAEL J. FELCZAK JR
JOSHUA BIRES

TROLLING MORNING
LIMIT BOUND
STONESFAN83
STONESFAN83 GUEST
DAVID C

TROLLING AFTERNOON
JEFFREYNELL56
SOULE
JOSH BIRES
MICHAEL FELCZAK JR
JOEMAMA
RAY HILL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lake St Clair Muskie School
Presented by Michigan Muskie Alliance and Brian Schram of Next Bite TV

Where:
Anglers Point Marina

When:
September 19, 2009
Morning session: 7:00 am to 12:00 noon (seminars 7-8, fishing 8-12)
Lunch: 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm (will be provided for all attending)
Afternoon Session: 2:00 pm to 7 pm (seminars 2-3, fishing 3-7)

This is an opportunity for new muskie anglers to get some hands on learning from some experienced muskie anglers. There will be open seats in a select number of boats for those interested to learn about casting and trolling from an experience angler. Because of the limited number of seats there will be two seminar and fishing sessions during the day with a lunch in the middle of the session for those attending the morning and afternoon session.

Morning session:
8 seats for casting anglers.
5 Seats for trolling anglers

Afternoon session:
8 seats for casting anglers
5 seats for trolling anglers

How it going to work?
Each session will begin with short seminars on casting and trolling equipment and lures. After the seminars students will get the chance to get on the water with some experienced Lake St Clair anglers to get some "on the water" time.

Seminars:
Brian Schram - Lures and fishing them "out of the box"
Chad Sandy - Trolling equipment to get you started
Will Schultz - Casting equipment to get you started

After the seminars anyone new to baitcasting will have a chance to get some hands on instruction before going out on the water.

Can you still attend if you don't get one of the open seats?
Yes! We would like to offer anyone interested a chance to see the afternoon seminars and join all instructors and students for lunch. We only require that you RSVP so we know you are coming.

How do you sign up to be a student or RSVP for lunch?

Rich Mangus
248-217-1716
[email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am scheduled as a morning trolling student, will we be using my boat? Because it is rigged heavily for muskey trolling with Planer boards and outriggers. I am a student to muskey fishing, because of heavy work schedule while attending college. Is it possible to be a morning student to trolling, but also a afternoon student for casting? I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to learn new techniques from some Great people!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TEAMS - I figure people can team up once we get there. We will be divided into smaller groups for training so there will be time to team up together.

GEAR - The instructors will be using their own boats. Casting students are encouraged to bring their own gear if available (casting rod). After the training sessions there will be time to load your gear since the boats will have to be launched at Self. DNR launch.

PARKING - Everyone will need to park at the DNR launch and I believe there is a fee to just park in the DNR launch.

COST - There is no fee to attend this event. Michigan Muskie Alliance (MMA) - Muskies, Inc. Chapter 47 will be providing some equipment, insurance and lunch (pizza). During lunch there will be a few give-aways and a 50/50 drawing.

This is the first time for this event so a lot of these things that are coming up for the first time. Please ask if you have questions or concerns.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Please only put me down for the seminars. I am going to try my best to make it. I am on a tight schedule that day and do not want to commit in case I cant make it.
No food needed for me or anything.

·
Registered
259 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Sep 13 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ummm...... I'm not supposed to be a student unless I have been demoted all the sudden

I guess you'll be taking yourself out. LOL!
This is the tough part about communicating through pm's and e-mails I guess. When borkenwing put the list together he didn't know that heimskr was the same person as one of the instructors.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Sep 13 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ummm...... I'm not supposed to be a student unless I have been demoted all the sudden

Solution = bring some barley pops, put on the Disturbed CD, and have at it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ah what the h3ll I guess I'll just go fishin by my [email protected] self then

Aint the first time & sure wont be the last!

"Solution = bring some barley pops, put on the Disturbed CD, and have at it."

Not sure what barley pops are but I do have the disturbed CD and plenty of gear!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Sep 13 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do we go about putting students with instructors? Is it a random draw or is there a selection process?

Nice avatar Jeff! Applying for LSC's version of Jimmy Huston?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Hey Rich or Will, whoever is organizing...could we consider matching students with instructors BEFORE Saturday? I think it'd well serve to allow the two parties to converse beforehand, just as far as what's expected from each...smoking/no smoking, non-marking shoes on white glass boats (like mine, Alex and Jason's), some guy has a bad knee and needs a seat (my boat doesn't have seats!) that sort of thing.

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Sep 16 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Rich or Will, whoever is organizing...could we consider matching students with instructors BEFORE Saturday? I think it'd well serve to allow the two parties to converse beforehand, just as far as what's expected from each...smoking/no smoking, non-marking shoes on white glass boats (like mine, Alex and Jason's), some guy has a bad knee and needs a seat (my boat doesn't have seats!) that sort of thing.

I second that motion! I'm gonna show up anyway just in case & if I dont take someone out then I'll be fishin till mid afternoon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand the issue of smoking/no smoking, non-marking shoes on white glass boats (like mine, Alex and Jason's), some guy has a bad knee and needing a seat. But here is the problem I do not know who smokes, what shoes guys and are going to wear or if anyone thas bad knees.

How about this...

- STUDENTS -
Clothes - Please wear non marking shoes since half this the boats that people are offering for you to riding in have no carpet. The issue is that most of these boats have a white fiberglass deck that will could and likely would be marked-up by "workboot" type shoes.

The morning will likely be cool so be ready for a ride in a boat were you may exprience higher speeds with limit wind protection.

Smoking - A few of the instructors do not smoke. There is no guarantee that you will be matched up with an instructor that smokes on his boat.

Health - If you have an issue with your knees or back please inform the instructor so that each of you can discuss the matter.

Gear - Please lock your gear in your vehicle while attending the presentations and lunch. Discuss with the instructor which type of gear you have and which you may not have with you. Together you can determine which gear to bring and what not. There will be plenty of time to grab your gear as the boats are being launched.

Object - This is not a 4 hr charter to get you a fish of a lifetime. It aimed at giving you the chance to learn what these instructors have paid hundreds of dollars in gas and gear for FREE! Try every bait you can and ask plenty of questions!

We are a great group of people and I am sure that in a matter of minutes we can team up and correct in problem that may come up.

I will PM the above notes to the students that I have usernames for later today.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DR. Hook -

Not a problem with either issue. If you are casting it is preferred that you have your casting rod and reel but not required. We will have some loaners on Saturday and Jerry at Anglers Pt has some nice rods and reels at his shop!

Talk with as many people on Saturday. To help look me up and I should be able to introduce you to a few people.

Rich

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(BrokenWing @ Sep 17 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I understand the issue of smoking/no smoking, non-marking shoes on white glass boats (like mine, Alex and Jason's), some guy has a bad knee and needing a seat. But here is the problem I do not know who smokes, what shoes guys and are going to wear or if anyone thas bad knees.

How about this...

- STUDENTS -
Clothes - Please wear non marking shoes since half this the boats that people are offering for you to riding in have no carpet. The issue is that most of these boats have a white fiberglass deck that will could and likely would be marked-up by "workboot" type shoes.

The morning will likely be cool so be ready for a ride in a boat were you may exprience higher speeds with limit wind protection.

Smoking - A few of the instructors do not smoke. There is no guarantee that you will be matched up with an instructor that smokes on his boat.

Health - If you have an issue with your knees or back please inform the instructor so that each of you can discuss the matter.

Gear - Please lock your gear in your vehicle while attending the presentations and lunch. Discuss with the instructor which type of gear you have and which you may not have with you. Together you can determine which gear to bring and what not. There will be plenty of time to grab your gear as the boats are being launched.

Object - This is not a 4 hr charter to get you a fish of a lifetime. It aimed at giving you the chance to learn what these instructors have paid hundreds of dollars in gas and gear for FREE! Try every bait you can and ask plenty of questions!

We are a great group of people and I am sure that in a matter of minutes we can team up and correct in problem that may come up.

I will PM the above notes to the students that I have usernames for later today.

Thanks
Rich
No issues on my end since I am my own teacher & student! Woohoo!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts