Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4:50 pm: Dock my boat @ Jack's for CK's Bash
5:05pm: Labatt Blue Light in hand

7:00pm: Depart Jack's (Detroit bound)

So far It's JabberJaws', LabDog, Duece-Five, and myself taking our boats down.

Who else wants to join us in the trip down. Trust me, it's a great time.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Jun 23 2003, 08:34 AM)7:00pm: Depart Jack's (Detroit bound)

That would be nice, but we gotta work the next day.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Jun 23 2003, 08:34 AM)4:50 pm: Dock my boat @ Jack's for CK's Bash
5:05pm: Labatt Blue Light in hand

7:00pm: Depart Jack's (Detroit bound)

Us!!!!!! WE are in.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
nervous! i am nervous about wednesday! i hope i get everything done in time! it'll be a great time, tho! can't wait to see everyone again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I can tell you is that last year was not bad at all. It was very calm. I think because we were in that spot I previously posted. The south west corner of Belle Isle.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
We are coming down from HCN, leaving around 6/6:15pm and plan on anchoring around the same area. We might go a little further out towards the light, but still in the shallows. We'll keep here on channel 69 and see who we all can hook up with.

Jim

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Just everyone show up at Jacks to support CK, we can pile in the peeps who want to go to see the fireworks from there when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 23 2003, 10:10 AM)nervous! i am nervous about wednesday! i hope i get everything done in time! it'll be a great time, tho! can't wait to see everyone again!

Good luck .

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Jun 23 2003, 06:59 PM)Just everyone show up at Jacks to support CK, we can pile in the peeps who want to go to see the fireworks from there when the time comes.
hey! that's pretty cool of you to pile in the peeps!

mucho genoroso!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 23 2003, 10:10 AM)nervous! i am nervous about wednesday! i hope i get everything done in time! it'll be a great time, tho! can't wait to see everyone again!

No need to be nervous. You always put together an awesome time. Everyone will just be grateful to be invited. We're your buds, your peeps. No need to be nervous around us!

Looking forward to celebrating your anniversay CK.!

Congrats.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I don't recomend rafting for the Detroit Fireworks. My 32 Baja had a few scars frome doing that a couple of years ago. Not to mention a snapped mooring line... Scared the he!! out of me! I thought a cleat had pulled out of the boat!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I would not raft for the fireworks......it can get extremely rough.....Ditto to what Wiz the Wise One said!

Make sure you have the proper amount of anchor line out, too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those who don't make it.......your missin' out!

Love you all, but you don't know until you try.

I will take pics of the calm water, and how much of a great time it will be, and next year we will have all kinds of peeps go with us.
I will make believers out of all of you!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Jun 23 2003, 09:42 PM)Those who don't make it.......your missin' out!

Love you all, but you don't know until you try.

I will take pics of the calm water, and how much of a great time it will be, and next year we will have all kinds of peeps go with us.
I will make believers out of all of you!
I love your postive attitude, dude!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I've done it many times over the years.......it's usually not rough until everybody just about runs everybody else over trying to get out of there (what's the hurry? it's the 4th!!!)

The smallest I've been down there in (for the fireworks), is a 16 ft. boat a '57 Chris Craft.....no matter the size, it is a great time.

Hope all that are going have a good time......never know I could end up going at last minute, but doubt it.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I'm in for the raft at the St. Clair Shores Fireworks Friday Night and the Belle Mar Fireworks on the 4th... You can get close enough for those, that the effect is even better than the Detroit Fireworks! Then you just hang out till the chaos clears and you motor home in calm seas, Knowing there's no work in the morning...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wiz, Sounds like a plan. We will have to have a gigantic raft for those. Will be awesome!
Let's make it happen.
The 4th of July weekend is gonna be the best thing happening this summer.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i've been to the fireworks via water 3 times. i've had a pretty good time each time out. the first time, tho, i was seasick AND we were so close we were showered with ashes! lol!
if one can try it once, then once is good!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts