Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today around 4 or so and hit north anchor. I went 4 for 5 on skies between 31 and 38". I made a deal with myself that I would not get any photos unless the fish is over 40" so sorry no pic's. all 4 were caught on a red buchertail with chartreuse & red blade. Unfortunately the buckie didn't survive the ordeal. It needs lots of new hair and a paint job. The last fish decided to nip off the end of the tail on a magnum bulldawg. I caught everything before 6. After that they seemed to shut down. The funny things about today is that I got no follows. They either ate it or didn't even bother. The full moon does wied things.

When me & the wife came in, jabout 10:00, esoxfly was still out in the insane winds. he is truly hardcore! Hope he stays safe in the winds.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
man that hog wash about no pics unless it's a certain size is well........HOGWASH!! Those are nice fish and I would love to see those baby's. Be proud of your catch cuz a SKI IS A SKI IS A SKI and their ALL gorgeouse

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 4 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When me & the wife came in, jabout 10:00, esoxfly was still out in the insane winds. he is truly hardcore! Hope he stays safe in the winds.

I made it back safe and sound. Stayed out until about 2:45. Had one hit about 100 but just an on-and-off.

Didn't measure her, but this was my evening-

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice job Jeff and Jason. I hit it for a few hours on Tuesday and I only had a 30" follow. Took the dog out at like 10 pm and man the winds were HOWLING! Did not see that in the forecast?!?

·
Registered
183 Posts
They're out there Heimskr, keep up the good work/effort. My dad and I got out last Friday for some walleye. Trolled about 200 yards off the shipping channel at about 1.2 mph, crawler harnesses and bottom bouncers. No intentions of getting muskie, we were looking for perch and walleye. Had a 41" surprise hit at about 5:00 pm. It took about 15 minutes to get him in the boat on 20lb mono. What a thrill!

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(schram @ Aug 5 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>man that hog wash about no pics unless it's a certain size is well........HOGWASH!! Those are nice fish and I would love to see those baby's. Be proud of your catch cuz a SKI IS A SKI IS A SKI and their ALL gorgeouse

True they are all gorgeous but the no pic thing is more for my motivation than anything else. I love taking pic's with fish in'em. Since I can't take pics unless it's 40+ it'll be motivation to start finding the bigger fish. Once I get one over 40 I'll take pics of everything no matter what size.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Aug 5 2009, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 4 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When me & the wife came in, jabout 10:00, esoxfly was still out in the insane winds. he is truly hardcore! Hope he stays safe in the winds.

I made it back safe and sound. Stayed out until about 2:45. Had one hit about 100 but just an on-and-off.

Didn't measure her, but this was my evening-

It was great to talk with ya out there & I'm glad you made it back safe & sound.

I dont know where it came from but man it was rough getting back in. I got soaked and docking was a joy! Though the wind made it easier getting the boat on the trailler, 'bout blew it on for me!

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Aug 5 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Aug 5 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>man that hog wash about no pics unless it's a certain size is well........HOGWASH!! Those are nice fish and I would love to see those baby's. Be proud of your catch cuz a SKI IS A SKI IS A SKI and their ALL gorgeouse

True they are all gorgeous but the no pic thing is more for my motivation than anything else. I love taking pic's with fish in'em. Since I can't take pics unless it's 40+ it'll be motivation to start finding the bigger fish. Once I get one over 40 I'll take pics of everything no matter what size.

Pics or it never happened!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Way to go, heimskr... and esox!

4/5's a jolly fine bit of action and 38 inches ain't bad at all... would love to have seen a pic of that one!

Nice fish there, Jeff!

I should have been in the bay casting as well... or worked the channel drop-off in the lower lake. Went trolling mid-lake (off Corcker) and had to get way, way out to keep the lures clear at all. Marked hardly any fish out there, only got a couple rock bass, and lost what appeared to be a 20ish inch smallie closer to Huron Point.

And man. did it ever get windy in the evening. My 14 footer was being tossed about like a styrofoam cup... felt like "the old man and the sea."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.