Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to lunch with a co-worker to Wendys and left my cell phone on the table next to us. I forgot about the damn thing and left it there. So I went back to work leaving the phone on the table. After I realized what I had done I raced back to Wendys and had asked if anybody had turned in a cell phone, no luck. Some a$$hole stole my phone!
So I decided to call my own number. As it rang somebody actually picked it up...... I heard a mother yelling at her kids. They didn't say anything though. I tried to get a response but no luck. This person answered the phone several times but never responded to my voice. Oh well........... where's the honesty?

For anyone, whom in the past, had given my your number, can you pm it to me again perhaps? This really sucks I know.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
had same thing happen at work to me left it the gym and realized it went back ,was gone . no one saw it . shut it off right away, dont know why anyone would want them there usless after you have them shut off. major pain when you lose phone #s ,

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Well, it could have been worse. You could have lost your cell phone the same way I lost my last one:

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
ok snow now you have me wondering how did you loose it , ? i dont get it from looking at pic you posted

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Sep 16 2003, 07:36 PM)ok snow now you have me wondering how did you loose it , ? i dont get it from looking at pic you posted
You had to be there. I fell off the dock into a well at the HCN BBQ back in July. It was in my pocket. <_< That's me with Mr. Big after they pulled me out.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
fell? or did someone push you ?/

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
if anyone happened to be at Gull Sat., did you find mine????

i lost there sometime after midnight since that was the last call i made

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Sep 16 2003, 07:40 PM)fell? or did someone push you ?/

Actually I tripped. Waterlogged's wife was right in front of me and stopped suddenly, I tripped on her feet. Already being pretty lit didn't help either.
I didn't even know what happened or where I was until I surfaced.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
ahhh.... that sucks!!!! That is too bad that they are answering it and not returning it. That would make me angry!!!
Did you have insurance on it?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No insurance. It was a fancy/smancy phone that GM gave me as a work phone. They're gonna be pissed. Oh well, I'm sure it's not the first phone lost / stolen........

Keep the phone, give me my stored numbers back!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I cannot see why people would steal them. Isn't it easy to get caught!! Well my lost cell phone is at the bottom of the Mascumoot Bay!!! My friend way standing in his boat and threw it at me!!!! This was after a few cocktails. It slid right through my fingers to the bottom!!
8 of us did not find it in the shallow water! Good thing for insurance!

·
Registered
487 Posts
The same thing happened to me about 4 weeks ago. We were eating @ Rams Horn for breakfast @Harper & Metro b4 heading out to the lake, left it on the table, came back 5 minutes later and it was gone! Nobody saw anything. What's up with that? With the digital age there's no market for theft, you call up your provider, they kill the phone not the # and you get a new one. However like Mr. Big says, it's not the phone, who cares, it's the numbers lost. The insurance was another thing, I've got Verizon (love the service) we had insurance from work on the phones, however $50 deduct and with all the deals they've got going on and the hassle of the police paperwork it was cheaper and less time consuming to do on my own

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hate to say it, buuuuuttt Mikey "The majority of people in the world SUUUUUUCCCCCKK"! Why on earth would you be surprised. I had a celphone lifted from my suit coat in Germany when I was dancing with a friend by a guy in a wheelchair. Had my buddies girlfriend ring my number and it rang between this guys little paraplegic legs. I said why don't you answer the phone and he said he never answers when he is in the bar!!! Needless to say I didn't push the issue but as far as I was concerned he "didn't have a leg to stand on"! <_<

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I didn't have my phone stolen, but the phone died on me and I lost all the numbers in it. So my new rule is, every month I update my "written" phone book, had to buy one first of course. It was a real bummer to loose all those numbers.

Also, buy a new one on Ebay, we just did and got a great deal, 1/4 of what we would have had to pay.

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Sep 16 2003, 09:01 PM)ahhh.... that sucks!!!! That is too bad that they are answering it and not returning it. That would make me angry!!!
Did you have insurance on it?
BTW the insurance piece, you know why the insurance company has you get a police report? Because the police will tell you, leaving your phone on the table and having it stolen is not a crime, in other words, it's not really stolen, therefore if the Ins. company wants to be a Pr!ck about it they tell you "too bad so sad." Now everyone go to their happy place.....
<_<

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
3crabs had his stolen today. He went with our daughter to Pi's Thai for a late lunch......hasn't seen the phone since. He's a regular over there, they just bring out the food...anyway, we called there and they haven't seen it. I call the cell and someone answers, I hear wind and sirens and then they hung it up!

What comes around, goes around....Carma for sure!

Good thing I didn't sell his old phone on EBay yet...that's back on.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Big! Maybe your phone is for sale on E-Bay! You could just buy it back!

Sorry, Dude. j/k...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts