Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue ate through my power cord for my printer today. It's brand new and I have never even used it yet. He's a handful

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
He is a beautiful dog and very cute but I wouldn't want him around my house
he got a little 'snippy' with me...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Yeah pups do that...lol mine chewed the arm rest in wife's car we weren't gone that long either,

Older dog when she was a pup used to like being under the bed. One night she must have been chewing on elect blanket cord, in the night there was a big thud from under the bed guessing she got a good zap and when pulled away nailed her head on the bed frame...

Get used to it jabber for a year or so anyways wait till he starts bringing sticks and rocks and dead birds he caught in the house .lol ,,,,

There's always the cage alternative.

ps iam guessing mollys life jacket wont fit this year if youd like it for your pup let me know ..

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I have had wood trim pulled off the wall and chewed and a hole ripped in my carpet when my Lab was a pup. <_< It's a miracle that he is still alive.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Cassie, He gets snippy because he's a puppy and he's teething right now. Thats normal.

Bob, You are right man! He bit through a lamp cord and I could hear him get the jolt. He hasn't chewed on a cord since, until today......I still love the dog. Of course he's in his crate while I am at work, but I left him sleep on the floor next to my bed at night though. He's a great dog. I am gonna take him for puppy obedience school at Pet Smart soon.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he's a he11 of a lot bigger now than in those pics. They are about 3 weeks old. He's gotta be about 45 lbs now.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
I understand completely, I'm just saying if I were to get a dog at all I'd want an older (ie already trained one)

Puppies are sooo cute but I don't think I could deal with all the torn up furniture/shoes/coats that goes along with them...

·
Registered
197 Posts
VeryCute dog. What kind is he?? Looks lab, but the feet are kinda small, and he looks like he could be mixed, though I am no way an expert

They are a handful and you need to be able to dedicate time with your new dog. He is a baby and needs guidance.

That is why they make puppies cute, so you can deal with it.

But with my dogs, it is sooo worth it after you get them trained how you like, just be patient.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can tell you this. His paws are HUGE. You just can't tell on the pic. He's a Yelllow lab and he's supposed to be a 100 lb dog. Which is big for a lab. His daddy is 105 lbs

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Enjoy every moment of him!!!! The cords can be replaced
It's best if you can catch him in the act. Tell him "NO'' and give him one of his toys while praising him for taking the toy.

Puppy chewing....you already know that is normal
Just don't let him use your body. Replace your hand with a chewy (rawhide, puppy teething toy...)

Crate training works if you use it correctly. He should earn the privilege of being in the house and not destroying it or leaving behind gifts. The crate teaches them this.

I see 3 toes on one foot and 2 on the other.....plus his paws look buried in the blankey....I'm not going to judge his size! I was right on the money with Snow and Boss's pup though
Really, who cares.....as long as he loves ya back

Can I come over and hug and kiss him???? He looks soooooo darn cuddly
(sorry, Jabby, I am only allowed to kiss the dog
)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Mar 16 2004, 10:17 PM)Enjoy every moment of him!!!! The cords can be replaced
It's best if you can catch him in the act. Tell him "NO'' and give him one of his toys while praising him for taking the toy.

Puppy chewing....you already know that is normal
Just don't let him use your body. Replace your hand with a chewy (rawhide, puppy teething toy...)

Crate training works if you use it correctly. He should earn the privilege of being in the house and not destroying it or leaving behind gifts. The crate teaches them this.

I see 3 toes on one foot and 2 on the other.....plus his paws look buried in the blankey....I'm not going to judge his size! I was right on the money with Snow and Boss's pup though
Really, who cares.....as long as he loves ya back

Can I come over and hug and kiss him???? He looks soooooo darn cuddly
(sorry, Jabby, I am only allowed to kiss the dog
)
He LOVES company. You can come over anytime and see him. I measured his Paw width. It was over 3 inches wide. He's only 3 months in that pic. Right now he's 4 months and he's just shy of 50 lbs. He's gonna be big. Very loving though.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Thanks!!!! I'm gonna have to take ya up on that offer!!

Over 3 inches (I'm laughing as I type this....wonderin' mind tonight) wide! Holy cow! He'll probably be around 90 lbs. or maybe more if he's fed very well (if you know what I mean).

The horse farm we go to, used to have a handsome yellow lab. He was 120 lbs. and sweet as cherry pie. Always walking around wagging his tail and I swear I could see a smile on his face.

Boy, now I really miss having a dog
Woof! Woof!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dog is completely happy go lucky. He's almost always looks like he's smiling. I am so glad I bought him. He keeps me from going out on the weekend because I feel bad leaving him at home. My baby boy (Labatt) Blue.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
he is soooooooooo cute!!!!!! Yes I remember he has BIG paws.
I hear ya jabber, my girls have been on a mission too. Its a given with animals, I've been chasing them down all night. The love you get in return is so worth the effort to care for them.
Just be careful with the electrical cords, my uncles dog was electrocuted from chewing on one
I know its hard to watch them every second but maybe you can tape the cords to the molding?
Blue is such a cutie, cant wait to see him again, BTW- miss you too!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Mar 16 2004, 09:15 PM)I can tell you this. His paws are HUGE. You just can't tell on the pic. He's a Yelllow lab and he's supposed to be a 100 lb dog. Which is big for a lab. His daddy is 105 lbs
He is a beautiful pup......Wait until he starts chewing wood......Angel....MY 3 year old Yellow Lab...Chewed through my pininic table.......Now she doesn`t chew as much but, BIG...........She is waist high....and 115lbs.... And looks skinny.....My brothers dog....Her sister is Huge .... Like a Great Dane almost........145lbs

·
Registered
197 Posts
Best all-around dog for family, ect have to be

Labs
and Golden Retreivers

Sure some small dogs are good also, but the larger dogs can do so much more.

Good luck with him, at 100lbs he will be a HUGE lab, just make sure he does not get Fat. I hate it when I see young dogs that are so fat they are not as algile as they should be.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Cassie @ Mar 16 2004, 09:31 PM)He is a beautiful dog and very cute but I wouldn't want him around my house
he got a little 'snippy' with me...
and you say that I am regularly and constantly redundant.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I feel your pain Jabber. My dog is a 9 month old German Shorthair. He has a lot of energy! Hasn't chewed too much but what he has chewed drove me nuts. First the handle on my bbq, then he got ahold of my cable, pulled it off the house and about 20 feet out of the ground before it finally snapped.
Still love him though, and wouldn't trade him for the world!

I took mine to the puppy class at pet smart on hall rd. they have a real good instructor their. can't remember his name, but I think he is the only guy that teaches the class. good luck

1 - 20 of 28 Posts