Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog is getting fed up with being couped up all day every day. I can tell he wants to go hunting cuz he sits at the doorwall and points the sparrows in the back yard. plus last week he saw me holding his orange shock collar and got all excited. so whatta you all say we get another bird hunt together? some place reasonably priced hopefully...

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I would normally be all over this Alan, because Grizz is in the same boat too, but I'm saving all my peaches for Hawaii.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Feb 6 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would normally be all over this Alan, because Grizz is in the same boat too, but I'm saving all my peaches for Hawaii.
that's a bummer because I was hoping you would bring your bow again and I would just be your back up shooter

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Hunting for what. I saw a crap load of pheasants running over in washtenaw. I don't know if they are in season or not but they were all over the place. I never really hunted anything but partridge and woodcock. If you do it on state land or some property I am in but I can't do a farm unless it is reasonably priced, Me and marvin have to sit down and discuss a raise. LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Feb 7 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hunting for what. I saw a crap load of pheasants running over in washtenaw. I don't know if they are in season or not but they were all over the place. I never really hunted anything but partridge and woodcock. If you do it on state land or some property I am in but I can't do a farm unless it is reasonably priced, Me and marvin have to sit down and discuss a raise. LOL

Where in washtenaw? And they arent in season. It would be pay hunt only.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(kiddsea2 @ Feb 7 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Feb 7 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hunting for what. I saw a crap load of pheasants running over in washtenaw. I don't know if they are in season or not but they were all over the place. I never really hunted anything but partridge and woodcock. If you do it on state land or some property I am in but I can't do a farm unless it is reasonably priced, Me and marvin have to sit down and discuss a raise. LOL

Where in washtenaw? And they arent in season. It would be pay hunt only.

Northwestern Washtenaw. Dexter / Chelsea Area.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I'm game

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where did we go last year? they seemed pretty reasonable

·
Registered
6,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Feb 11 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Top Gun @ Feb 11 2010, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where did we go last year? they seemed pretty reasonable

Affordable Pheasants. 989-683-2749. That's where we went last year.

thanks grapes, I'll give them a call and see what I can come up with for a group or two and report back later

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
called walkiewicz (sp?) yesterday. 15 bucks per bird with a 5 bird minimum. or 7 birds for 100.00. that's where we went last year and it was a good time. they also have european hunts for 100.00. 7 birds per shooter are released for about 30 shooters. the birds are released from a central tower and the shooters are in stations around the tower. after a number of birds are released, you rotate stations. after after the hunt, you go in for a small lunch - hot dogs, chili, stuff like that, then you go out and hunt up the ones that got away during the european hunt. heard it's lots of fun, and always wanted to try it.
anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking maybe february 26 or 27 or the next weekend march 6 or 7.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
March is better for me. I'll be unavailable til then

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Feb 16 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>March is better for me. I'll be unavailable til then
hey stranger, where you been?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.