Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I had a fricking a$$hole come between my boat and my decoys at 7am and scare 3 Mallards out that were sleeping!!!!! If I find out who that guy is and ever meet him, there's going to be a problem.

I expect that kind of incosiderate assinine behavior from people that don't know about duck hunting and have no idea people do that on the lake. But when that TOOL has all his camo on and a basket of 6 frigging decoys strapped to a dang kayak and shows up 10 minutes before shooting time and comes right through my rig.. OMG...This is the second time I have been stupefied into speechlessness. I waited for him to come back through after he was done. On his way back through he had the decency to go outside of my decoy spread by maybe 20 feet.

SIR, YOU BETTER PRAY THAT I NEVER MEET YOU FACE TO FACE! IF YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN I WILL SINK YOUR KAYAK WITH YOU IN IT. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

If anyone knows this moron/tool/a$$/jerk/dillweed please deliver the above message and educate him on manners and etiquette before he pisses off the wrong person....again

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know I should also make a comment about common sense and a kayak and October and water temps of 53-54 degrees, but I won't.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
We had 2 guys blatently breaking the law right in front of us. We were sitting in the blind and heard talking, so we stood up, and watched two guys in a sneek boat and a trolling motor cruising the edges of the marsh. We honestly couldn't believe what we were looking at. One guy driving, and the other one sitting on the bow of the boat gun at the ready. I can only assume the gun was loaded, and if so, that is very illegal.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That sucks I was wondering who was shooting at all the geese.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday it was a MORON on a jetski 10ft outside the decoys! There has to be something I can do about this crap! Calling the man won't help because its over and gone so quick. Anyone know where I can buy torpedos?

Saturday a group north of us got a 3 man limit on geese and a half dozen Mallards.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(snowman @ Oct 13 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yesterday it was a MORON on a jetski 10ft outside the decoys! There has to be something I can do about this crap! Calling the man won't help because its over and gone so quick. Anyone know where I can buy torpedos?

Saturday a group north of us got a 3 man limit on geese and a half dozen Mallards.

I would think a well-timed shotgun blast or two at some "passing birds" (not in any dangerous direction of course) would send a message... if they really don't see you set up there they may have to leave quickly to go home for a clean pair of shorts!

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Oct 13 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(snowman @ Oct 13 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yesterday it was a MORON on a jetski 10ft outside the decoys! There has to be something I can do about this crap! Calling the man won't help because its over and gone so quick. Anyone know where I can buy torpedos?

I would think a well-timed shotgun blast or two at some "passing birds" (not in any dangerous direction of course) would send a message... if they really don't see you set up there they may have to leave quickly to go home for a clean pair of shorts!

Must admit many years ago I was an offender accidentally. I was in Kalamazoo and had never duck hunted before. I was on a lake fishing and was cruising around the shoreline of the lake heading for another spot when I saw a bunch of birds all grouped together. I thought it looked a bit odd but did not think much of it and continued on until all of a sudden the gun started blazing and we shi! our pants. Looking back I don't think they were shooting at birds.
I suppose we got the message though.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tony, I understand. And I expect it from newbies and non hunters. BUT, I have had things like this happen so many times...I really would like to find a way to let these people know exactly what I think of them, and to educate them a bit in a safe, legal way. I've always moved out of there way. I've always given them the benefit of the doubt. I've moved over when someone has anchored in my drift path 40 yards away. I've waved back when people finally see my boat and 3 guys wearing camo... Maybe I've been to nice. Maybe I should just join the ranks of the "A of A" and start giving a little back. I'm sick of being the one to show a little respect and etiquette. I have always tried to not "create waves" or "rock the boat". Sometimes that squeaky wheel gets greased, but eventually it gets replaced. OK, Here it is...

I should have pulled up my anchors and run back and forth in front of the kayaker and swamped him. I should have run my boat in the path of the jetskier. I should start fishing right next to the guy I see pull in a Walleye. I should set up my decoy rig 100 yards upwind of the guys layout shooting because I get there at 8am. I should run by the layout boats at high speed and swamp them too because they set up in my path and I gotta get to some stupid restaurant or marina. I'll start fishing 20 yards behind the your layout boat because your in "MY" fishing spot. I will wait till the last second to steer around your boat if we're on a collision course then flip you off because you almost hit me. I'm tired of getting sh!t on out there and I'm not going to take it anymore! I've tried to share the lake with these retards and they don't care, so I guess I don't either.

OK I'm done whinning, but I'm still PO'd

Honestly what can you do but take it up the ol' chute and like it!!!!!?????

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
most of the time i just let stuff be and think to myself that i am the bigger person for not reacting but they wave been a few times that i opened my mouth example tornado warnings and a jet ski crosses my path back to th launch 25 feet infront of me and dumps it i had to put the boat in reverse to keep from hitting him he got a mouth full he wouldn't say nothing back after watching him try to leave i realized he was drunk and was dumping it about every 50 ft

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(snowman @ Oct 13 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tony, I understand. And I expect it from newbies and non hunters. BUT, I have had things like this happen so many times...I really would like to find a way to let these people know exactly what I think of them, and to educate them a bit in a safe, legal way. I've always moved out of there way. I've always given them the benefit of the doubt. I've moved over when someone has anchored in my drift path 40 yards away. I've waved back when people finally see my boat and 3 guys wearing camo... Maybe I've been to nice. Maybe I should just join the ranks of the "A of A" and start giving a little back. I'm sick of being the one to show a little respect and etiquette. I have always tried to not "create waves" or "rock the boat". Sometimes that squeaky wheel gets greased, but eventually it gets replaced. OK, Here it is...

I should have pulled up my anchors and run back and forth in front of the kayaker and swamped him. I should have run my boat in the path of the jetskier. I should start fishing right next to the guy I see pull in a Walleye. I should set up my decoy rig 100 yards upwind of the guys layout shooting because I get there at 8am. I should run by the layout boats at high speed and swamp them too because they set up in my path and I gotta get to some stupid restaurant or marina. I'll start fishing 20 yards behind the your layout boat because your in "MY" fishing spot. I will wait till the last second to steer around your boat if we're on a collision course then flip you off because you almost hit me. I'm tired of getting sh!t on out there and I'm not going to take it anymore! I've tried to share the lake with these retards and they don't care, so I guess I don't either.

OK I'm done whinning, but I'm still PO'd

Honestly what can you do but take it up the ol' chute and like it!!!!!?????

I am sure mine was a very different situation. We were on a smaller well developed inland lake in the middle of the afternoon. I started duck hunting a couple of years after that and to be honest I can't believe those guys set up there looking back at it with experience. It was one of those indian summers and they were jet skiers etc. still buzzing around the small lake. In my experience out there on the flats things calm down substantially after the first week so hopefully your luck turns around. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok I need to add to the list. Anyone else see something idiotic being done during duck season feel free to pile on...except sky busting, thats just a given.

October 18th...mid-day, in less than an hour, 3 different fishing boats decide its time to go look at the ducks and/or go scare the ducks. Flashing my spotlight and opening my camo/hunter orange reversible jacket does nothing to convince these clowns that the decoys are just that.

I heard a rumor of guys doing the "power sneak" in the marsh too.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Blowing Kazoo's at ducks are a good rant!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.