Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit something. My first fishing report I posted was a lie. I didn't mean to lie to steer anybody wrong. I was new to this and just wanted to tell a fish story since I didn't have any recent ones. The thing that has been bothering me is that I could have risked someone's safety who may have read it. I said I went out in 8fow at 5am at the dnr site and threw in the part of getting sick from an earlier experience to make the stroy more believable. I didn't realize that guys would see that post and go venturing out in that same area perhaps in the quest to catch elusive fish. I'm sorry for misleading anyone and it was not my intention. I wanted to brag and be like one of the big boys if that makes any sense. I won't do it again.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
glad u admitted what u did wrong......everyone wants to catch fish, and when a report is given a few peeps will check out that area cause they want to do the same.......be up front, honest and the fish gods will bless you

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
You are forgiven, But please I hope you learned from your mistake. It could have been disastrous for someone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 11 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to admit something. My first fishing report I posted was a lie. I didn't mean to lie to steer anybody wrong. I was new to this and just wanted to tell a fish story since I didn't have any recent ones. The thing that has been bothering me is that I could have risked someone's safety who may have read it. I said I went out in 8fow at 5am at the dnr site and threw in the part of getting sick from an earlier experience to make the stroy more believable. I didn't realize that guys would see that post and go venturing out in that same area perhaps in the quest to catch elusive fish. I'm sorry for misleading anyone and it was not my intention. I wanted to brag and be like one of the big boys if that makes any sense. I won't do it again.
if it was the report of saying you had 2 eyes in the pic when there actually was 3... Ya I remember... Not cool but I have alot more respect for you now that you maned up and admitted it. Thank you. We all just need to be honest & stick together as fellow michiganders & try to stay safe cause icefishing can be deadly!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
If u really cared about someone getting hurt by following your report, you probably should have come clean a week ago when you first posted the report. Its good that you came clean, but it seems kinda late. Thank you for coming clean though.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Wow, great follow-up post bluegiller. I think that most of us were unsure of that post and many folks jumped on you pretty good for it. Glad that you cleared this up and that you hung around.

I don't give great reports all of the time (check the thread I started on Sat and Sun). However I give honest reports and "bad" reports are sometimes helpful, just like "good" ones. Do not feel pressure to embellish and just tell it like it is.

We did have someone go through the ice a few years back b/c they were trying to get into a marina where someone had posted pics and told false stories about limits of jumbos.

I won't lecture anymore - just be yourself and you will be welcome.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
When others read reports most including myself are more conserned with ice thickness. I do like reports about guys/girls catching fish but I want to know if the ice is safe to walk and venture out on. Glad to see that you did admit you were wrong though.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 11 2010, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jan 11 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for coming clean... but that was a nice mess of fish where did you get them at anyway?

I got them online from some wisconsin fishing forum.

Thats funny. They were'nt even fish you caught. Glad you fessed up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 11 2010, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jan 11 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for coming clean... but that was a nice mess of fish where did you get them at anyway?

I got them online from some wisconsin fishing forum.

Haven't checked out what you posted but you do have the ability to edit and DELETE whatever it was.........I'm assuming you have already done that right?

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
I give you credit for coming clean and admitting what you did was wrong, very wrong!
Some may trust you sooner than others, and some may never trust you again.
Some people see a report like the one you posted get all excited and run out to hit the jackpot themselves, other will think, hmm, something doesn't sound or look right.
But let me ask you this, if somebody had ventured out to the basic location you gave and gotten injured or killed, how would you feel? How do you think the family and friends would feel?
Would you be able to live with yourself, knowing you contributed to something awful like that?
Something you didn't think of when you were busy stroking your ego, was it?
I don't ice-fish, but it will be a long time of honest posts before I would trust your info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm new to site and I was one of the guys that went to that location. Scary to think that you had no idea Of ice conditions in that area.
I can only fish on the weakends due to work thats why I joined this site hoping to get great tips and info about fishing . I sure hope that this doesn"t happen too often.

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(weakender @ Jan 11 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm new to site and I was one of the guys that went to that location. Scary to think that you had no idea Of ice conditions in that area.
I can only fish on the weakends due to work thats why I joined this site hoping to get great tips and info about fishing . I sure hope that this doesn"t happen too often.

From what I've seen on the boards fake reports like that are pretty rare and typically something you don't have to worry about. But it's always good to double check things as far as location & ice thickness with others before venturing out. The LAST thing you want to do is go out on thin ice & go through. So double check by either PM or a post asking a question if you're unsure about the safety of things.

After you've been here a while you'll know who's reports to trust and who's are shaky. Not to mention you'll meet a few of us and get a better feel for things

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(sweedishpimp @ Jan 11 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the thought of that swimmer and 4 wheeler going through in the same location got to you enough to relize your mistake. Probation big guy.
I say he deserves a good old pimp smack. What do ya say? LOL

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.