Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the day. My first child, a daughter, was born at 12:05 pm. We were expecting a delivery date of April 24, but my daughter decided she had had enough "cooking" and wanted to see the world 5 weeks early! Mom and baby are doing well, and, after 40 hours of no sleep, I'm having a couple of "pops" to celebrate. Now, the only question is, who makes the best line, reel, rod, lure and boat for an 18.5 " baby girl?! I'm also starting a college fund and am looking for donations at "www.MyBabyGirlIsGonnabBeTheBestDarnGirlFisherman.com".

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
jcheetam: Congratulations to you and your wife, Your family is bigger now, Fantastic. I have two boys. Just think now when you take your daughter you can keep more walleye's. lol

h2o<---says nothing is more wonderful than kids i mean that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congratulations Icheetam! My little girl who is now 4 popped out 3 weeks early. I left my wife to go put the boat in at Harley Ensign that morning. Just was backing down the dock into the water when my phone went off and my wife was on the other end screaming it's time!! So I take off and race down the highway back to Hazel Park get in the drive and realize I drove all the way home without putting the straps back on the boat to hold it onto the trailer. Made it just in time and now I have the best fishing partner a man could ask for.

·
Registered
927 Posts
bro,

the wife couldnt hold it in until at least after the kent lake opener?!?!?!

congrats man. this calls for a celebration. im coming over with some whiskey

i say we break the kid in right and take her for a boat ride this saturday. temps are supposed to be in the low 50s with plenty of sunshine. ill make some room for 1 18.5" mini cheetam in the boat.

madman himself

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Cheetam,

Contratulations!!! The only thing that can compare to how you feel right now is having a 2nd one. Enjoy every moment with her because the grow up waaaaay to fast.

Marke

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Way to go Jeff! More than a keeper. She's a Master Angler award at 6 pounds!

Works out perfect since you have to start getting up real early anyway to go fishing now. You won't have to set any alarms.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Congrat's dude!!!,...I remember the days my two daughters were born like it was yesterday!!...You'll cherish the memories too...mustard poop diapers,
...colic,
...sleepless nights
....post partum depression,
...teething,
...it's all COOOL!!!..LOL

Take a LOT of pix's!! Like EastCoast says,..they grow waaayyyy too fast!!

Mac

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
How wonderful, excellent picture that's definatly a blow-up picture and a wall hanger for sure. Soon she'll be saying daddy take me fishin. What's babies name?

h2o<---says GOOD JOB DADDY-O !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
That's a fine looking baby! The "mother and baby doing fine" part is all that matters. Congratulations and Good Luck.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We named her Margaret Mary (aka Maggie) after my wife's grandmother. Mom and Baby come home today. And another life chapter begins...

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Awesome. Having a daughter is an amazing experience. My little one is going on 2 1/2 and would not trade it for the world.

Have fun and spoil her rotten.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats jcheetam beeauuutiful baby girl . I have one in the oven right now ,my first. The baby is suposed to arrive april 21 (boy or girl didn't want to know) but I did just get home from Saint Johns false alarm. I'll be joining the ranks pretty soon.

Good fshn to yall !!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE(jcheetam @ Mar 26 2004, 09:50 AM)We named her Margaret Mary (aka Maggie) after my wife's grandmother. Mom and Baby come home today. And another life chapter begins...
That was my Mothers name. I hope your little one grows up to be just as special as my Mom was.
Congrats!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jeff,
Congrads on your little one. From the looks of the picture you attached you are at St. Joe's hospital in Ypsilanti. The view from the window and the recieving blanket gave it away. I spent three days(March 10-13) looking out that window. I picked up a keeper also. Connor Steven was born on 3-10-04. He was 7lbs 7ozs and 20". Say hello to Bob for me and look forward to seeing you on Belleville this spring.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats on your new addition!!! Great pic!! She'll be fishing before you know it... My daughter is 4 and bugs me all the time to go..Gotta luv it!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts