Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Took a while, but I finally got a musky casting outfit put together and got out casting for some musky's, since I have never actually targeted them before, except trolling once, which didn't turn out well. So long story short, got to the spot located at the Upper DR @ 2:30am and didn't see a fish until around 4:30am. The fish followed my green bulldawg but never snapped during the figure 8. My buddy got hooked up with a fish a lil after that, but never got a hook set in time before the fish dropped his bait...Then, at just after 5am I received another follow, however this time the fish snapped at my bulldawg as I changed direction with it. Solid hook up and had the fish landed within' 5 minutes. She measured 39" and was real heavy n' fat. I would say close to 20lbs ( no idea), had a scale but forgot to weight it, I just wanted her back in. Had one more follow from a lil guy and that was that for the "nite", packed it in at around 7am.

Couldn't ask for a better time for my first time actually going out with my own stuff to take one down bigger then 20inches lol. First thing I said to my bud after I let her go was....."Now I want a 45" lol

Fish Recreation Fishing Fisherman Ray-finned fish

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Nov 3 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Took a while, but I finally got a musky casting outfit put together and got out casting for some musky's, since I have never actually targeted them before, except trolling once, which didn't turn out well. So long story short, got to the spot located at the Upper DR @ 2:30am and didn't see a fish until around 4:30am. The fish followed my green bulldawg but never snapped during the figure 8. My buddy got hooked up with a fish a lil after that, but never got a hook set in time before the fish dropped his bait...Then, at just after 5am I received another follow, however this time the fish snapped at my bulldawg as I changed direction with it. Solid hook up and had the fish landed within' 5 minutes. She measured 39" and was real heavy n' fat. I would say close to 20lbs ( no idea), had a scale but forgot to weight it, I just wanted her back in. Had one more follow from a lil guy and that was that for the "nite", packed it in at around 7am.

Couldn't ask for a better time for my first time actually going out with my own stuff to take one down bigger then 20inches lol. First thing I said to my bud after I let her go was....."Now I want a 45" lol

View attachment 68531

that is a big 39 incher....

nice job...

hope you get that 45 soon...

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
731 Posts
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

NICE FISH!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.