Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we were fishing with tubes. i changed back to mono. clear line. thinking i would catch more fish because the water is so clear. and left the braided powerpro on here pole. well i forgot how much mono sucks. i could barely feelem hit it and i missed alot of them cause it stretches so much, im used to the sensitive powerpro i guess, anyway she had a fish on almost every freakin cast. all she needs to learn now is how to flipem in the boat with out usein a net. she does this when we go salt water trout fishin in florida too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 22 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Flip them?
Nah, just be a woman, reach down, stick your thumb in it's mouth grab the lower jaw and lift it out of the water.
Not so much with pike or muskie

What BigDog said. You must watch the fishing show jerks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i guess so. its just as fun to see her catch fish. but not so much to here her talk [email protected]#!. i just tell her she woundnt have caught them if i didnt put her on fish
. no never seen the show maybe ill watch it and pick up some new tricks lol

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nah, just be a woman, reach down, stick your thumb in it's mouth grab the lower jaw and lift it out of the water.

i used to do that i wont anymore after i had a muskie rip a bass from my hand as going to thumb it,it only happened one time but once was enough for me. id hate to have 1 miss the bass and grab my hand. heck i dont even rinse my hands in the lake anymore, i fill a bucket and rinse them in the bucket, i definately wouldnt want to get bit. thats number 1 cause of being bit/ dragging hands or feet from moving boat or splashing them on the surface of the water. 2nd most common was the flash from jewelry. i used to have a book on fish bites in lsc cant find it now. unfortunately lost in my last move or got borrowed and never returned. but had alot of pics, most were old photos, but all were from lsc if anyone has this book could they please post title/author it is a older book. i got mine at least 10 years ago at a fishing show.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Load some 4lb. Crystal FireLine/1/8 oz plain jig married to a pearl/white 3 inch Berkley Power Grub and catch twice as many as her.

JUST DO IT.

Oh bend the hook out slightly.

h2o<--says it works.

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 22 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Flip them?

i used to do that i wont anymore after i had a muskie rip a bass from my hand as going to thumb it,it only happened one time but once was enough for me. id hate to have 1 miss the bass and grab my hand. heck i dont even rinse my hands in the lake anymore, i fill a bucket and rinse them in the bucket, i definately wouldnt want to get bit. thats number 1 cause of being bit/ dragging hands or feet from moving boat or splashing them on the surface of the water. 2nd most common was the flash from jewelry. i used to have a book on fish bites in lsc cant find it now. unfortunately lost in my last move or got borrowed and never returned. but had alot of pics, most were old photos, but all were from lsc if anyone has this book could they please post title/author it is a older book. i got mine at least 10 years ago at a fishing show.

Now your going to make me think.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
QUOTE(transammike @ Jun 22 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 22 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Flip them?

Now your going to make me think.

last year Snowman and Myself saw a muskie attack a lady's feet as she was dangling them in the lake in front of the salt. She got them out just in time so no blood,if she wasn't looking down in the water when the muskie came up she might of gotten a trip to the doc's for stitches
She did not put them back in!
BB

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm in the same boat!

My wife is the same way!! Everytime we go out she out fishes me and I have to get the fish in the boat for her & get the hook out. Then of course she's talking s*%t the rest of the week.

But hey she's out & doing something & I like seeing her catch'em.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jun 22 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Load some 4lb. Crystal FireLine/1/8 oz plain jig married to a pearl/white 3 inch Berkley Power Grub and catch twice as many as her.

JUST DO IT.

Oh bend the hook out slightly.

h2o<--says it works.
I hear ya on those grubs. Yesterday me and Zib went out muskiefishing and when we got tired of casting we'd fish for bass. he introduced me to those things and i love them. i caught a couple bass and a 29 in pike on them. personally i like the 1/4 oz.

ps. crystal is bad lol jp jp

i perfer the other two over them except for ice fishing, then i go with 1 lb crystal.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah especially in dirty water. They don't know what's moving they just know that it's MOVING lol. I was rinsing my hands in the water a couple days ago and was thinking to myself "man this looks awful similar to a top water chopper splash" lol.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(jcgambler @ Jun 22 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yea i guess so. its just as fun to see her catch fish. but not so much to here her talk [email protected]#!. i just tell her she woundnt have caught them if i didnt put her on fish
. no never seen the show maybe ill watch it and pick up some new tricks lol

Can't be lettin' her outfish you!
It especially hurts when they start the smack talk. Gonna have to revoke your "man card" if you let this happen again!
Good luck out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts