Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Went out with Moose and a couple of his buddies. Hit the water around 7a.m. fishing by 8 and started heading in at around 4. Went 8-12 I think but all pretty nice fish. Only a couple little guys. Fished the South Shore and all but 1 fish today were on bucktail board rods. One small guy on a Loke on a board rod.

Heres some pics of the boated fish. We had one get off right at the boat that was looooong. 52-55'' class fish.
49'' Green eye, this fish was beat up
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Blue
44'' but fat as he!!
Water Sky Boat Shorts Outdoor recreation
Didnt measure but guessed around 47-50''
Water Sky Smile Sunglasses Fisherman
Cool little pic trying to throw the lure
Water Fluid Mammal Lake Liquid

Attachments

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jun 26 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out with Moose and a couple of his buddies. Hit the water around 7a.m. fishing by 8 and started heading in at around 4. Went 8-12 I think but all pretty nice fish. Only a couple little guys. Fished the South Shore and all but 1 fish today were on bucktail board rods. One small guy on a Loke on a board rod.

Heres some pics of the boated fish. We had one get off right at the boat that was looooong. 52-55'' class fish.
49'' Green eye, this fish was beat up
View attachment 63099
44'' but fat as he!!
View attachment 63100
Didnt measure but guessed around 47-50''
View attachment 63101
Cool little pic trying to throw the lure
View attachment 63102

And THERE is proof that A Muskie can turn on whatever figure 8 you can dish out
AWSOME job and AWSOME FISH!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
wow those are some nice fish. Good job out there,.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jun 27 2009, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow those are some nice fish. Good job out there,.

Yeah that Moose guy is ok at catchin em..

Hahahahaha

Good to have you back for the Muskie season Moose. We SHALL troll for Muskie this year and cast as well.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Awesome pics! and, you can see where they are beat up. I'm guessing getting to close to a boat going to JN yesterday?

Looks like you had a good fight!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good going!

Looks like the S shore's the place to be. Gotta get that Canadian license already!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great job - that is a lot of fun right there!!! Yeah - Moose really knows his ski fishing - I still remember his posts from last July! Glad you had a action packed day!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 27 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah that Moose guy is ok at catchin em..

Hahahahaha

Good to have you back for the Muskie season Moose. We SHALL troll for Muskie this year and cast as well.

His boats behind my house Schram so its easy for me. I get a phone call, "heading over be there in 20 min" I throw some clothes on, jump in the boat and go lol.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(fishmanTC @ Jun 27 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you can add - how much line out and how much weight on those bucktail rods?

3oz I believe, most were caught out 30-50 feet, off the boards.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts