Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out somewhere inbetween the St Clair light and the dumps along the channel. I had my finger resting on the line of my lite action Ugly Stick, I felt that oh so beautiful tap tap tap. I set the hook, but I didnt get the same feeling Ive been getting all morning long, those Perch are sometimes a litttle weak. The line gave me a mini rug burn on my finger as the drag made that ooooohhhhh so beautiful sound. ZZZZzzzzzziiiiiinnnnggggg, ZZZzzzzz, ZZZIIINNGG,ZZZZZzzzzzzzz Of course everyone on the boat has stopped what there doing to focus on "ME!!" Yes I got there full attention, I think Im going to have to stand up and FIGHT!!!. What is it Sheap head or Smallie. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz, ya need the net???? ya need the net??? I see deep down there the reflection its either a sheap head or smallie ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz, I hope my cheap, weak perch rig holds up, he zipped right around the trolling motor and to my luck he didnt get tangled or escape. Of course now both my friends are standing to, one with net in hand, suddenly nothing, Im realing and nothing, they let out a chuckle as I start to curse and bammo out of the water comes a 21 inch small mouth, about 3 ft in the air, almost scared Todd right out of the boat. I have to admit it caught me off gaurd as well, cuz it almost landed in my lap, about 90 seconds later I was having my picture taking with a 4 LB smallie......

All morning Ive been catching Perch with the lite action Ugly, I love the little/(BIG) surprizes the lake holds for you. Ill be back at it soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts